• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Menage e Trois, Pedigree, ComicConnect, and Comiclink Auction results

298 posts in this topic

Hey all --

Great pickups so far! James, that's a fantastic FF #2...and the price was better than I thought it was going to be. (Undercopy for sale? lol)

That AF 15 is also sweet! Having it unslabbed could be a flag, or it could be a consignment? Either way, worth looking at it carefully in hand to make sure there's nothing weird going on. Otherwise, I'd say a great book!

I hope you'll be hearing from me more after some of these auctions end...

Dan

Great pickups so far! James, that's a fantastic FF #2...and the price was better than I thought it was going to be. (Undercopy for sale? lol)

No undercopy, it was the only FF issue I had no copies of, hence my announcement of my completion of the run! :acclaim:

No undercopy, it was the only FF issue I had no copies of, hence my announcement of my completion of the run! :acclaim:

Congrats!!! Thats quite an achievement! :applause:

I'm hoping to do some major damage on my Avengers run but it still wont be close to complete :(

Here is what I am contemplating, I have been in touch with Susan Cicconi, she is local to me and she has agreed to meet and examine the book for resto in addition to an email from vincent guaranteeing me no resto. Once I have gotten this far I wanted to discuss with Susan about pressing/correcting/dry cleaning to make it present better (it does have a bit of a roll I hoped could be jazzed up). Either that I can zip it to CGC for a walk-a-round as is grade, obviously return it if its PLOD (i got 10 days to return it under Metro's Terms) and if it's Blue Label, I'm thinking 4.5 is my worst case senario and then i got options like Matt Nelson and resub. Thoughts? Input? Help? ???

Since you asked, I think a straight sub to CGC would be your best bet since Vinny agreed to return if PLOD. It does not look trimmed, or appear to have any CT. (at least based on the large scans) The only thing that might raise a flag is the bottom staple, it looks odd.

I personally would not dry clean it, and would have to see the book in hand to recommend spine roll removal.(staple areas might be too loose/fragile already)

The rust stain, and large tear on the BC are really the only things really keeping this book down. It presents really well for the grade, and you should be thrilled.

But 4.5 sounds about right.

Edit, I missed where you said Susan was local to you. That seems like a good place to start, and go from there based on what she says.

Here is what I am contemplating, I have been in touch with Susan Cicconi, she is local to me and she has agreed to meet and examine the book for resto in addition to an email from vincent guaranteeing me no resto. Once I have gotten this far I wanted to discuss with Susan about pressing/correcting/dry cleaning to make it present better (it does have a bit of a roll I hoped could be jazzed up). Either that I can zip it to CGC for a walk-a-round as is grade, obviously return it if its PLOD (i got 10 days to return it under Metro's Terms) and if it's Blue Label, I'm thinking 4.5 is my worst case senario and then i got options like Matt Nelson and resub. Thoughts? Input? Help? ???

I thought Susan Cicconi no longer did slight work that CGC doesn't regard to be restoration. Her web site used to claim she didn't last time I looked and that she was going to take the moral high road against people playing the "let's do whatever CGC can't detect" game because to her pressing and other similar work IS restoration. (shrug)

I thought Susan Cicconi no longer did slight work that CGC doesn't regard to be restoration. Her web site used to claim she didn't last time I looked and that she was going to take the moral high road against people playing the "let's do whatever CGC can't detect" game because to her pressing and other similar work IS restoration. (shrug)

This is what is told me last year as well unless she has changed her standards.

This is what is told me last year as well unless she has changed her standards.

I just want to be clear and not taken out of context, but from what has been discussed between Susan and I is that she is going to A.) Check this particular book for resto. B.) well there is no B.) I did not make it that far in words with her that I wanted her to do anything more than have a look see. I did not discuss having any work done, however in my own mind, once I'm with her, I do plan to pick her brain to some extent. I have also read about her standpoint on pressing etc and do not plan to lure her to the darkside

I have also read about her standpoint on pressing etc and do not plan to lure her to the darkside

You have an honest face that inspires me to trust that you won't attempt to lead her astray. :whistle:

darth%20sidious%205325.jpg

Didn't you crack and press that TMNT#1 from 9 to 9.4 with Matt? why not go just go back to Matt? Not that it mattered to me one way or another but seems simple enough to me.

He said Susan is local to him so I'm sure that is the deciding factor.

I like the idea of grouping them all together for a given month. (thumbs u

This win makes me one book away from completing all my Marvel runs for the first time. :banana: That one remaining book is a particular Spidey book that's easy to guess.

1042847003.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!! (worship)

Someone paid a bunch for this book, which made me very happy.

0009360002.jpg

Dude, why would you make a comment like this ? Did you ever think a Boardie may have won the book and sees your comment. If I had won it I would have contacted Doug with your comment and said I pass, seriously. No upside to your comment at all.

Dude, why would you make a comment like this ? Did you ever think a Boardie may have won the book and sees your comment. If I had won it I would have contacted Doug with your comment and said I pass, seriously. No upside to your comment at all.

What's the big deal? I assumed he owns a copy and the high sale just meant it will boost the value of the issue in general. (shrug)

What's the big deal? I assumed he owns a copy and the high sale just meant it will boost the value of the issue in general. (shrug)

Maybe you are right but I assumed he was the owner. In either case I don't see why a comment is necessary. The winning bidder may be a Boardie and such comments can be hurtful.

Or like somebody who likes to see early silver Flash is doing well. I don't see any harm in it.