• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Menage e Trois, Pedigree, ComicConnect, and Comiclink Auction results

298 posts in this topic

Someone paid a bunch for this book, which made me very happy.

0009360002.jpg

Dude, why would you make a comment like this ? Did you ever think a Boardie may have won the book and sees your comment. If I had won it I would have contacted Doug with your comment and said I pass, seriously. No upside to your comment at all.

I assumed he was the seller, and was happy with the price achieved. :shrug:

Didn't you crack and press that TMNT#1 from 9 to 9.4 with Matt? why not go just go back to Matt? Not that it mattered to me one way or another but seems simple enough to me.

He said Susan is local to him so I'm sure that is the deciding factor.

Its quite possible Matt ends up with this book, yes he did put over a grand (net) in my pocket on that TMNT #1. Yup he is aces in my world and quite honestly gets my work, first call automatic. In this situation however, where time is of the essense, I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity to have Susan Cicconi, who live just minutes from my home. She has agreed to give it a "look see". If it looks bad to her, it goes back to CC. If Susan has good vibes about it, I'm overnighting the book to CGC for a walkthru, I get yet another "look see" in my time frame. I will know the grade and label designation on the book as is. Being positive I feel whatever CGC says the book has bump potential. A PLOD gets returned and I lose about $250. A 4.5 is what could happen, but a 5.0 is not far fetched, either or my next move would be to get back with Susan or Matt. In all fairness Susan should have the book, but if she has issues about ethics and disclosure or whatever and she can't take part, Matt gets it. Whatever the case I will be honest with the sale and disclose what's been done while in my possesion, but I'm banking on years gone by before I sell.

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed in the things you did NOT do...than in the things you did!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=405736

So this is what I did.

Is that color touch on the upper spine...

Guess I'm gonna find out, let's hope not. I really want this book to be right.

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed in the things you did NOT do...than in the things you did!

So this is what I did.

Enough about you. :baiting: What else was picked up? Anyone get any great deals?

Didn't you crack and press that TMNT#1 from 9 to 9.4 with Matt? why not go just go back to Matt? Not that it mattered to me one way or another but seems simple enough to me.

Its quite possible Matt ends up with this book, yes he did put over a grand (net) in my pocket on that TMNT #1. Yup he is aces in my world and quite honestly gets my work, first call automatic. In this situation however, where time is of the essense, I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity to have Susan Cicconi, who live just minutes from my home. She has agreed to give it a "look see". If it looks bad to her, it goes back to CC. If Susan has good vibes about it, I'm overnighting the book to CGC for a walkthru, I get yet another "look see" in my time frame. I will know the grade and label designation on the book as is. Being positive I feel whatever CGC says the book has bump potential. A PLOD gets returned and I lose about $250. A 4.5 is what could happen, but a 5.0 is not far fetched, either or my next move would be to get back with Susan or Matt. In all fairness Susan should have the book, but if she has issues about ethics and disclosure or whatever and she can't take part, Matt gets it. Whatever the case I will be honest with the sale and disclose what's been done while in my possesion, but I'm banking on years gone by before I sell.

I think you have an excellent plan. Go for it !

If it is Universal but does not grade out will Metro accept a return ?

I agree with the others that commented something is strange about Metro selling the book in raw form. I suspect it is Universal but they popped it out of the slab because it either looked better than the assigned grade or Metro did not agree with the grade. I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Sometimes you have to take a gamble.

So this is what I did.

Enough about you. :baiting: What else was picked up? Anyone get any great deals?

Ya, like who scored the WICKED deals on the ASM 2 8.5 White Northland at $3,505 and ASM 3 8.5 OW-W at $2,751. Both incredibly good deals to the new owners.

Everything else seemed to go fair market value for Pedigree due to the reserve prices.

I think you have an excellent plan. Go for it !

If it is Universal but does not grade out will Metro accept a return ?

I agree with the others that commented something is strange about Metro selling the book in raw form. I suspect it is Universal but they popped it out of the slab because it either looked better than the assigned grade or Metro did not agree with the grade. I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Sometimes you have to take a gamble.

Agreed,sometimes you got to take a gamble (thumbs u

please keep us posted as to what grade it comes back from CGC.

So this is what I did.

Ya, like who scored the WICKED deals on the ASM 2 8.5 White Northland at $3,505 and ASM 3 8.5 OW-W at $2,751. Both incredibly good deals to the new owners.

Everything else seemed to go fair market value for Pedigree due to the reserve prices.

i forgot bout the pedigree auctions or i would have thrown a big on the ASM 3, that's a real nice price.

On comicconnect, ASM 42 9.4 ($738), ASM 121 and ASM 122 continue to drop in 9.8s

I'm the high bidder on about 10 items in the Pedigree and CC auctions and have been for over a week (some pretty aggressive bids) but I'm debating if I even want to bid further, especially tonight with 3 or 4 hours left in the Pedigree auction. hm

The ONE book i really, REALLY wanted just freaking quadrupled in price in the last 15 minutes and blew way past my max! :mad:

The ONE book i really, REALLY wanted just freaking quadrupled in price in the last 15 minutes and blew way past my max! :mad:

Which one was it? I'm always in the market for really, REALLY good books when they come up for sale in future auctions. hm

I'm the high bidder on about 10 items in the Pedigree and CC auctions and have been for over a week (some pretty aggressive bids) but I'm debating if I even want to bid further, especially tonight with 3 or 4 hours left in the Pedigree auction. hm

Just to add what George had pointed out. There are certain books that even though they have been listed for months on ebay, etc at pretty outrageous prices and with no bids/offers I'm betting will get run up towards the end of the auction. I'm actually a bit leary about bidding further even though I would really want to add a few to my collection.

Which one was it? I'm always in the market for really, REALLY good books when they come up for sale in future auctions. hm

Isnt it obvious?!? it was the BEST book in the CC auction tonight! :baiting:

I put in my one and only bids above recent GPA on about 15 SA and BA books, on both clink and cc. Within two hours, all of my bids are under water, save one. :cry: I'm done for the day. Good luck everybody!

I probably overpaid but i dont care! I LOVE the Suscha news books! The Avengers 59 and ASM 44 i got in the last auction are 2 of the nicest, freshest books ive ever seen so i had to get these :cloud9:

av33.jpg

av37.jpg

Nice books, I really like the Sucha's without the writing on them. The one's that have them, no so much. :P I just trying to imagine myself writing on my high grade books and the thought makes me go :ohnoez:

yeah, i know its a deal breaker for a lot of people especially when dropping that much $$$ on a HG book but it really doesnt bother me at all. For as nice, bright and fresh as the books look in hand, he could have played tic-tac-toe on it and i dont think it would bother me. Those small little dates really dont phase me so i had to egt them.