• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 CGC 9.4 ending on ebay tonight.... geezuz.

39 posts in this topic

I had looked at it, and was going to throw in a bid higher than the sale price, but I was on the boards and I lost track of time. I missed it by about two minutes. Oh well, that means I can still bid in the cc auction tomorrow night. I'd say it was a pretty decent bargain for whoever picked it up (in terms of the current market).

$16,671 and $200 in ebay bucks

I have no idea why Wilson would sell a book of this caliber on ebay (shrug) By far the worst of the 5 major auction venues for this type of book.

Should have had a bin or reserve and you don't sell a book on Wednesday night, always Sunday. Ebay fees only $50, can't beat it. Plus there were several other online auctions taking place this week.

I have no idea why Wilson would sell a book of this caliber on ebay (shrug) By far the worst of the 5 major auction venues for this type of book.

Should have had a bin or reserve and you don't sell a book on Wednesday night, always Sunday.

Is there good statistical evidence for the superiority of Sunday night auctions from the standpoint of sellers or is the evidence strictly anecdotal?

???

doh!

Would have gone for more if I had remembered to bid.

Timing in terms of clashing with all the auctions also would not have helped this book.

Should have had a bin or reserve and you don't sell a book on Wednesday night, always Sunday.

Is there good statistical evidence for the superiority of Sunday night auctions from the standpoint of sellers or is the evidence strictly anecdotal?

???

Anecdotal but I've seen the same trend for a few years. Friday nights are great for cheap buys.

4-me Friday is when the bids and offers come in if I've had stuff listed all week.

Sunday is also good because a lot of people are home on Sunday nights.

Except maybe during the summer, when people are out and about.

4-me Friday is when the bids and offers come in if I've had stuff listed all week.

Sunday is also good because a lot of people are home on Sunday nights.

Except maybe during the summer, when people are out and about.

Fridays are paydays (thumbs u

A sale such as this one would put a shiver in me timbers had I just dropped $92k for a 9.6 a short time ago.

Yes but who was it that stated that "9.6 is when the madness starts"? Brulato?

A sale such as this one would put a shiver in me timbers had I just dropped $92k for a 9.6 a short time ago.

Yup. You now have to paypal $0.01 to him for using that phrase.

Would there be an extra charge if he had included "Sonny Boy" in the response?

Would there be an extra charge if he had included "Sonny Boy" in the response?

Tom has generously allowed that term to go into the public domain.