• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 CGC 9.4 ending on ebay tonight.... geezuz.

39 posts in this topic

The back cover is keeping this book down.

Comic Link CGC 9.2 off white Boston Pedigree sold for $5,200 yesterday.

I watched the clock run out on the 9.2... seems like a great price for the buyer... not so great for the seller.

The Boston copy was a little yellow, had a hand written date stamp AND off white pages. Not a terrible copy, but those are three things that some buyers would nitpick over and may affect the final price. If a white covered, nicer PQ copy with no markings hit the market I'm pretty sure it would not sell for anything close to $5000.

I watched the clock run out on the 9.2... seems like a great price for the buyer... not so great for the seller.

Maybe. How many 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6s of Avengers 4 are in the census?

(shrug)

(shrug)

9.6 - 7 (universal) / 0 (sig series) / 0 (restored)

9.4 - 23 / 0 / 4

9.2 - 38 / 1 / 3

The Boston copy was a little yellow, had a hand written date stamp AND off white pages. Not a terrible copy, but those are three things that some buyers would nitpick over and may affect the final price. If a white covered, nicer PQ copy with no markings hit the market I'm pretty sure it would not sell for anything close to $5000.

You can get an SS over the hand written date stamp.

I pointed this out to a dealer who has a 9.2 (Gator) and still wants $10k for his non pedigree same grade and page quality. No brainer this one is the better deal.

I think at 9.2/9.4 levels, we're going to start seeing the book come back to earth.

As Brulato said many years ago in that Diamond article "the madness begins at 9.6".

(shrug)

9.6 - 7 (universal) / 0 (sig series) / 0 (restored)

9.4 - 23 / 0 / 4

9.2 - 38 / 1 / 3

That's a lot.

:o

i don't think it's gonna hit 25K.

CGC 9.4 has been a high teens book for some time now.

Cheetah, that's a killer 9.6.

This is not a copy that came out of the woodwork in response to the amazing price realized for the latest 9.6, but rather a newly slabbed copy. It's from the collection that Mark Wilson refers to as 'Fire Mountain'.

I believe he was asking $35k for this comic combined with the Fire Mountain copy of Strange Tales #114, which is a 9.6.