• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your stash

54 posts in this topic

Am I the only one not organized with my inventory and storage of my "precious"? Anyone want to post their pics of their comic room and general organization? I'm giving myself to Sunday to clean up my act. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'll post a pic later.

Am I the only one not organized with my inventory and storage of my "precious"? Anyone want to post their pics of their comic room and general organization? I'm giving myself to Sunday to clean up my act. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'll post a pic later.

Ahh Comic storage, one of my favorite topics smile.gif

I drew up some plans to give to a local carpenter for a custom made bookcase to hold about 10.000 comics and also hold about 500 TPBs.

The unit is about 80% filled now....

here's a pic

cabinet1.jpg

here's the empty unit

newstorage.jpg

Once the books are bagged and boarded I put them in an upright cardboard box.

These are not your usual long and shortboxes, but magazine-storage type boxes which display and protect better and are acid-free

I get about 50 comics in each box and they are very easy to access.

Each box also has a label telling me which series or books are inside

storage2.jpg

None of the comics get squashed, and none can move at all, I place boards in the the boxes at both ends to ensure a perfect fit

I keep track of my comics using an Access database which has a printable report to take to conventions as well as a web-based interface for browsing the issues I own (accompanied by some scans).

Here is a link to a sample version of the web interface (with most of the issues removed):

And below is a copy of the custom report to carry to cons:

MyWantList.jpg

Is that room temperature controlled & restricted from sunlight? I don't like the way the comics are exposed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't be silly.....this is Belgium, it never gets hot, it never freezes...everything in moderation, all rooms are 17°C at night and when nobody's home and 22°C at all other times...

Sunlight never reaches the books, I always leave half of the drapes closed so the part with the shelving-unit and my PC never get too much light.

Room was flooded with light so I could take the pictures. The one with the boxes needed 5 takes (with flash) before I could get a decent pic because of lack of light.

I'm running out of time here BOC, so I'll have to tell you next time about the armed sentry at the door... thumbsup2.gif

That's an AWESOME setup, dude! Wow, I want to do something like that too, but also accomodate my ever increasing CGC stash....

Of course, I feel even MORE inadequate than when I started. I need some trashy storage pics.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Is that room temperature controlled & restricted from sunlight? I don't like the way the comics are exposed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Me neither, and I can feel those spine inks fading as I type this. 893whatthe.gif

Me neither, and I can feel those spine inks fading as I type this. 893whatthe.gif

You can FEEL them fading? You ARE the Voice of Doom!!! tongue.gif