• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon 2011 - The Flee-Marquette video con report

97 posts in this topic

"Screw you CGC boards" lol

Great video Flee :)

That was Tupenny doing his wrestler imitation. :headbang:

Coming up next, video of comic vendor wall displays.

That wuz Twopenny???? Holy carp..he is ahhh yummy looking..(no offense to Mrs Tupenny) but DAMN! :cloud9: :cloud9: nom nom

lol

:D

At the 1:00 mark in the Perez and Superheroes video... is the person in the background doing the bananna dance?

:banana:

I saw that too :banana:

There were hundreds of people out in the lobby doing choreographed routines.

It wasn't necessarily comic related, but it looked fun. :)

Here is some footage of CGC board members in action during the show. :banana:

I forgot to mention that in this video the board's own Darth Corgi (Christian Slade)

allows us to get a sneak peek at his new book Korgi 3. You really

need to check out his artwork! (thumbs u

Here is some footage of CGC board members in action during the show. :banana:

I forgot to mention that in this video the board's own Darth Corgi (Christian Slade)

allows us to get a sneak peek at his new book Korgi 3. You really

need to check out his artwork! (thumbs u

Thanks for the mention! I've been meaning to chime in here. Superb Megacon report! These videos are the next best thing to being there and sometimes even better. No mystery con B.O.! :sick: Seriously, these videos look great Flee! They get better and better. The fade transitions are a nice touch along with the birds-eye-view shots as well.

This was the best Megacon for me for book sales. I even ran out of copies of Korgi Book 1 on Sat. It was great seeing so many great boardies and collectors having so much fun and talking about the hobby we enjoy so much. Thanks to Neil "lookwhoitis" for picking up one of my favorite pieces from the Mythical Creature books I illustrated. (thumbs u

-Christian

Overhead shot of the crowd on Saturday....... :ohnoez:

If this clip doesn't make you feel good about the health of the hobby, nothing will

there did appear to be 5 folks at our booth in that shot (6oclock from dale roberts and 3 oclock from daves...I am in the green shirt)... but, overall, seemed like 80%+ of the crowd was anime...so, I wouldn't be so quick to view "health" with this crowd...though the folks that did buy, generally spent nicely

...I am in the green shirt)... but, overall, seemed like 80%+ of the crowd was anime...so, I wouldn't be so quick to view "health" with this crowd...though the folks that did buy, generally spent nicely

:o 80% of the crowd is CGI???

Flee-Marquette is a master digital manipulator. (worship)

:sorry: (I'm in a goofy mood today)

If this clip doesn't make you feel good about the health of the hobby, nothing will

I'm sure having Stan Lee there didn't hurt.

hm

I think you are right nerf. My wife made the comment that she saw more

adults at this con than at any other Megacon. I think having Stan come

down to this area for the first time drew out a lot of older collectors who

probably would have bypassed this event. The Megacon promoters are

going to have their work cut out for them to top this show. :preach:

I am putting some video together showcasing some of the costumes at the show

and hopefully can get it uploaded to Youtube this evening. In the meantime check

out this Christopher Reeve look-alike. I thought he was pretty convincing. :o

What do you think?