• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are we entering the DC age of spiralling $$$$$$a?

Is it DCs time now?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Is it DCs time now?

46 posts in this topic

well, lets see... the last time the spiraling horror prices coincided with the crash in the mid 90's 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif The crash affected superheroes while horror went ballistic. I am not a subscriber to doom and gloom, but that realization just shocked me a bit. Superheroes are expensive, Bronze horror prices are starting to move.... YIKES!

Better make that 4-5 collectors then because I am here to stay. While I did not buy either of the books, I was in the hunt on the JLA #1. If anyone thinks those prices were too high, give me a call. I have $ burning a hole in my pocket sumo.gif

The funny thing is Bob Storms sold the last #1 a little over a year ago for $12,500!

Better make that 4-5 collectors then because I am here to stay. While I did not buy either of the books, I was in the hunt on the JLA #1. If anyone thinks those prices were too high, give me a call. I have $ burning a hole in my pocket sumo.gif

Second, early JLA is probably THE toughest DC title to collect in NM, because there is a blackhole called "Acesilver" who sucks up any available issues within his gravitational pull and simply will not be outbid. Rick and I don't even try to compete anymore, except to put in a punishment bid every now and then (just kidding Scott, we kid because we love!). Unless you're into coming in 2nd all the time, I wouldn't even try.

Nah. Not me. Heck, I was outbid on a book just the other day. Maybe our new friend Bullet would make me an offer I couldn't refuse? hi.gifdevil.gifpopcorn.gif

The funny thing is Bob Storms sold the last #1 a little over a year ago for $12,500!

He sold a 9.2 Flash 105 for about the same price, correct? The owners of those 2 books could probably do a very nice flip right now, based on Heritage's looney tunes prices. I seem to recall Rube11 showing a very nice 9.2 JLA 1 on these boards recently...

Second, early JLA is probably THE toughest DC title to collect in NM, because there is a blackhole called "Acesilver" who sucks up any available issues within his gravitational pull and simply will not be outbid. Rick and I don't even try to compete anymore, except to put in a punishment bid every now and then (just kidding Scott, we kid because we love!). Unless you're into coming in 2nd all the time, I wouldn't even try.

Nah. Not me. Heck, I was outbid on a book just the other day. Maybe our new friend Bullet would make me an offer I couldn't refuse? hi.gifdevil.gifpopcorn.gif

Ace, you're right, I was being too broad. The only books you don't get outbid on are those few JLAs between 1-20 that you don't already own in 9.4 or better.

Yep, your right TT2.

I do have that book and was a little late on buying that Flash from Bob at the time. Prices are unbelievable right now. And FYI to all that there are more then a "couple" of DC collectors around including yourself and some others. Most of the board members just don't know. Still comes down to supply and demand. RIght now there is very little supply and still lots of demand for high grade Silver DC keys.

Steve

Ace, you're right, I was being too broad. The only books you don't get outbid on are those few JLAs between 1-20 that you don't already own in 9.4 or better.

Actually I'm having the hardest time completing the 20-29 block. 893frustrated.gifsorry.gif All of the others I'm at 50% or better. Now if you knew anyone that could help me out with some of those... flowerred.gif

Actually I'm having the hardest time completing the 20-29 block. 893frustrated.gifsorry.gif All of the others I'm at 50% or better. Now if you knew anyone that could help me out with some of those... flowerred.gif

Oh, is this one of the books you're looking for? I think I know the owner! devil.gif

375251-jla%2024.jpg

Oh, is this one of the books you're looking for? I think I know the owner! devil.gif

375251-jla%2024.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

375251-jla%2024.jpg

893censored-thumb.gif YES! 893frustrated.gif That would be one! devil.gif

Impressive book, have all of the earlier Pacific Coast JLA been slabbed?

Rip, as far as I know, most of the earlier PC JLAs, if they even exist, have NOT been slabbed. #23 is the earliest PC JLA that I've seen. Linmoth and Robert Roter know much more about the PC JLA run.

893censored-thumb.gif YES! 893frustrated.gif That would be one! devil.gif

Or perhaps you're also looking for this one? devil.gif

448592-JLA%2023.jpg

JLA #23 is the first 12 cent comic I ever saw. I was about 8 years old, and thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Major nostalgia for that book. My copy is probably a 9.0 or 9.2. If anyone has a higher grade copy for sale, I'd be interested.