• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What feedback to leave...

41 posts in this topic

Positive feedback, but make the note "Returned [title] #[num] because it had COLOR TOUCH"...that way people can see that and avoid in the future.

You know, I have to disagree with all of you guys about the + feedback. Neutral at best.

The sad fact is the majority of ebay sellers either can't bother to check or know about a book's problems.

They just don't care, and put the onus on the buyer. They count on buyers either being ignorant, oblivious, or too lazy or disorganized to follow through on a return. It becomes the buyer's time and money that is wasted. These guys know darn well that it pays to misrepresent this cr@p because only a small percentage of returns are actually made. You know darn well that if you were wasting their time and money, they'd make you pay one way or the other.

Well, turd-boy got his book back yesterday and still no reply. I've written to him a few times letting him know, I know it's been delivered. Something tells me this is going to end in a paypal dispute.

Yeah, looks that way. Bummer. You'll probably get your money back, but don't leave feedback just yet--PayPal won't release the funds to the seller until then, I believe.

I bet he relists it w/o disclosure...

So, I get a book in the mail yesterday from an Ebay auction I won, advertised as a VF/NM. The book comes and it is gorgeous. I flip it open and, wouldnt you know it, color touch from a black marker bled through all up and down the spine. I write the seller and he offers a $10 refund. I see in his feedback that he has sold many comics before, many genres and many different ages. So, I explain to him without being too sarcastic that the value of the book has been reduced not just a little bit, but a lot. It is now considered restored.

Well, with the amount I told him the book was now worth,he just wants a return, and I have no problem with that. BUT, he is trying to write this one off as "it's a rare book, it's common among this title (both counterfeits and resto) and that basically....it's to be expected.

So, I fully intend to return the book but, I am left with the feeling that this book is going to go right back up on his site with no mention of the color touch. So, do I;

1) leave positive feedback stating the color touch but the full refund, hoping it gets read or

2) leave him neutral feedback stating the same thing hoping the neutral will draw more attention and protect potential buyers.

I told him that after the return I hope he knows to disclose the resto or else he might just have to go through this whole process again. He didn't reply.

if the bold part is true, he knew it was there

the person asked me to not ding shipping and ding the discription......told him no the problem was the shipping, if it wasn't a packing job it would have arrived as described

neutral all the way......i did it when once even though i got full refund when the packing of said book was horriable and it got damaged in the mail

I would definitely start the paypal proceedings so you can get your funds back if he flakes..plus starting it rolling will at least put some pep in his step to hop to..if not enclose a photo of yourself and mention you will be in town and can pick up the money personally if he doesn't fix you up soon..

that would make him hop to!!

It is easy enough to miss the bleed into the interior spine if you just do a quick flip through the book to make sure there are no clipped coupons, etc. it really depends on the book. One would hope that more attention is paid on a more expensive book. though i usually do a double check before I ship anything out just to make sure I didn't miss anything. That has saved me a couple of times where I didn't see something the first time, but heck, I did miss that a page on a low grade earlysih Barks WDCS book was missing once. That was a PITA as the book only sold for like $9 and I wound up paying another $3 for return shipping. And then it wound up selling for $6 with the missing page disclosed...go figure.

But I think the problem with the seller here is the "it's to be expected" response. If you F-UP then fess up. We all make mistakes.

The problem with mentioning CT is that someone may infer this means he touches the books. And that might be a bit unfair if it was just an oversight (again, it depends on how expensive the book was). Assuming he refunds the money, I don't know how I'd do this...probably a positive with: "Problem with book was resolved, money refunded"

And I wouldn't get too nuts over a slow reply...not everyone is plugged into ebay 24/7...there are limits though, of course.

Well, turd-boy got his book back yesterday and still no reply. I've written to him a few times letting him know, I know it's been delivered. Something tells me this is going to end in a paypal dispute.

I'm sure he was sitting at home waiting on your book to come back and he's probably hiding under his bed now wallowing in guilt and ridicule.

How about you have a little patience. Go diddle yourself or something while you wait. You might want to give the guy a day or two to get the wrong he's done to the universe into perspective.

I'm sure he was sitting at home waiting on your book to come back and he's probably hiding under his bed now wallowing in guilt and ridicule.

How about you have a little patience. Go diddle yourself or something while you wait. You might want to give the guy a day or two to get the wrong he's done to the universe into perspective.

You are *spooning* awesome Dice (thumbs u

You are *spooning* awesome Dice (thumbs u

Took you long enough to figure that out. :makepoint:

Neutral.

It wasn't a good experience. It wasn't a bad experience. Note the CT and mention that the seller took the book back. A seller can make an honest mistake and a neutral reflects an experience that was neither good or bad. If I see a neutral comment it just reminds me to check the books I buy a little closer. I'll still buy from them.

It was the sellers job to inspect his book before listing it. If it's something as obvious as CT and you're going to waste time receiving, reshipping, taking a loss on shipping, tying up money during the process how can you say it was a positive experience. If I were that seller I would be sending you an email saying I F'ed-up, sorry and I will return all of your shipping fees including fees to send the book back.

If the seller gives you the run around then it becomes a negative experience. Only state the facts in feedback and tell the reasons why in your feedback. Don't make it a general comment. Give the seller time to receive and refund your money. A few days will not hurt either of you to wait. You don't want to ruin someones feedback if they have a few days delay. He may have a legitimate reason for a reasonable delay that has nothing to do with E-Bay.

Problem with this book is that there wasn't a "small amount" of color touch easily missed. As soon as you opened up the book you could see the massive bleed through all up and down the spine on both the front and back covers. No biggie. Maybe he never opened up the book. Not the point. He knows now, and he was almost trying to defend it because it's a "rare" book.

As for the refund, I told him the book was coming and left him a tracking number. I sent him a message the day it arrived (thursday at 1pm). I sent him another message yesterday asking if it got there in good shape, etc. No reply. He's been expecting this return. I guess he is going to make me wait for my money if I get it at all.

Dice, I have a gorgeous wife to take care of me, so no "diddling" is required. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Returner, just give the guy a few days. I bought a Dyna-scope once and the guy went MIA for a week. He flipped his van. His kid was hurt in the accident and E-Bay was the last thing on his mind. You have 45-days to file so give the guy a little space.

A rare book is still a book. CT is still CT. If it was sold as unrestored then he needs to take it back or if you both agree adjust the price to FMV. Just be level headed about it.

Dice, I have a gorgeous wife to take care of me, so no "diddling" is required. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yeah, but you know I'll pick on you just the same.

Party on, Garth. :headbang:

If he knew what a monster Matt was, he should be hiding under the ing bed. lol. Seriously though, if he did an inspection of the book and a page count, he should have seen the C.T. Give it a few more days and hopefully you'll get your dough.

DR.X

If he knew what a monster Matt was, he should be hiding under the ing bed. lol. Seriously though, if he did an inspection of the book and a page count, he should have seen the C.T. Give it a few more days and hopefully you'll get your dough.

DR.X

Sometimes you just have to let me be a smartass. :baiting:

DR.X

Sometimes you just have to let me be a smartass. :baiting:

:whee:

DR.X

Returner, just give the guy a few days. I bought a Dyna-scope once and the guy went MIA for a week. He flipped his van. His kid was hurt in the accident and E-Bay was the last thing on his mind. You have 45-days to file so give the guy a little space.

A rare book is still a book. CT is still CT. If it was sold as unrestored then he needs to take it back or if you both agree adjust the price to FMV. Just be level headed about it.

It's cool, I'm definately going to give him a few days. It's just one of those Ebay situations where you get a bad feeling about how it's going to turn out.

I did try to give him a FMV considering the resto, but he was having none of it. He told me to just return it, which makes no sense considering I was going to give him $10-15 for a restored book; more than I think it's worth. I get the feeling it's going back up on his site as soon as he gets the chance.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

BTW...did you ever notice how the craziest things happen to people on Ebay when it comes to why a book or a refund doesnt get to you in a timely manner? Curious. hm