• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storyboards

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

First time posting in the art section so forgive me if I come of as naive. I started my career in the film industry as a storyboard artist (many moons ago) and have long appreciated the art of an amazing board. Be it animated or for live action, but recently I have been trying to dig up a few choice examples from some of my fave movies... Like, Ridley Scotts (ridleygrams) ALIEN, would love some Star Wars trilogy stuff and basically nerdy pages from 80's sci-fi, action, horror and fantasy.

Does anyone know a good place that might have some pieces for sale and if so what is the market like for these?

Thanks in advance.

The market for Star Wars storyboards is always really competitive and it's never been more so than it is now. A couple of collectors, one who is a member of these boards as well as our SW community, recently started this amazing archive to catalogue them:

http://www.makingofstarwars.com/

None are for sale, but it's definitely worth checking out.

www.propstore.com often sells storyboards, both production used copies and originals as does www.screenused.com

Thanks guys for the ideas and places to go. I had no idea how much the star wars ones we're going for. Impressive. It's actually kind of amazing any of them made it through production. Most are either thrown away, filed away in unknown boxes or stolen. From my experiences.