• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Anaheim Comic Con 2011 - April 29-30, May 1

92 posts in this topic

Hey all,

CGC will be taking submissions at our Anaheim event. As of last count, we have 205 creators scheduled to appear in Artist Alley, and we have approximately 75 celebrities signing autographs. More on both will be announced shortly. This is a MASSIVE expansion from our inaugural year last year. We have tons of Eisner Award Nominees this year and here's a ample of some of the guys we have coming:

We also have 8 World of Warcraft artists. We had to receive special permission to make this happen, not sure you will get another chance to meet these guys.

* Michael McMillian (True Blood)

* Dan Fogler (Fanboys, Balls of Fury)

* Judd Winick

* William Stout

* Mike Grell

* Arthur Suydam

* Rob Liefeld

* Bill Sienkiewicz

* Whilce Portacio

* Kevin Maguire

* Dustin Nguyen

* Phil Jimenez

* Michael Golden

* Greg Horn

* Eric Basaldua

* Joe Benitez

* Philip Tan

* Marv Wolfman

* Michael Benson (Deadpool: Suicide Kings), He's also an Emmy Award Nominee

* Patrick & Shelly Block (prolific Disney artists)

* Mitch Breitweiser

* Talent Caldwell

* Bernard Chang

* Matt Cohen - Podcaster/Creative Director - SmodCastle

* Nathan Edmondson

* Trent Kaniuga

* Ale Garza

* James Hudnall (Lex Luthor)

* Joe Jusko

* Jim Krueger

* Mike Mayhew

* Mike McKone

* Jeff Parker

* Zeb Wells

So sad, right in my backyard and I will not be going to this show. :cry:
Man,that sucks :(

I didn't go last year, even though I had nothing going on that weekend. The list of comic book dealers was pathetic.

So sad, right in my backyard and I will not be going to this show. :cry:
Man,that sucks :(

I didn't go last year, even though I had nothing going on that weekend. The list of comic book dealers was pathetic.

I'm not sure about dealers in other parts of the country. But pretty much all of the vintage dealers on the east coast were at C2E2, which was held on the same weekend.

And once again, this year Wizard decides to put this show up against the long running Boston Comic-Con on the same weekend. So the dealers list would once again be pathetic. :(

Hello all,

Our dealer list is not "pathetic." There are many vendors who are on the boards here coming to our events every week, and I do not think they'd appreciate those comments. Perhaps the show is not for you, and that's ok. There are hundreds of dealers on the west coast, and we will have a great sampling from many of them. If you miss the show, you're the ones who are missing out. The show was extremely robust, and the dealers who were there last year did extremely well. So, I am not sure you have all the correct information.

Hello all,

Our dealer list is not "pathetic." There are many vendors who are on the boards here coming to our events every week, and I do not think they'd appreciate those comments. Perhaps the show is not for you, and that's ok. There are hundreds of dealers on the west coast, and we will have a great sampling from many of them. If you miss the show, you're the ones who are missing out. The show was extremely robust, and the dealers who were there last year did extremely well. So, I am not sure you have all the correct information.

Why is the show scheduled for the same weekend as Boston for the 2nd consecutive year? All the national dealers with a breadth of material for sale are doing the Boston show. Wouldn't it benefit Wizard World to attract these dealers?

As for the west coast dealers that you mentioned, I suspect we'll be seeing them the week prior at the Long Beach Comic Expo.

I enjoyed myself enough last year to go back. I also only went on Friday. I think last year they were the same weekend as C2E2 which is a bigger issue than the Boston Con. This year looks to be much better. Make a day of it and go to Downtown Disney after the show.

I enjoyed myself enough last year to go back. I also only went on Friday. I think last year they were the same weekend as C2E2 which is a bigger issue than the Boston Con. This year looks to be much better. Make a day of it and go to Downtown Disney after the show.

You're right, last year this show was on the same weekend as C2E2. So all the vintage dealers were at C2E2. I've edited my last post.

The thing with Boston Comic-Con is that; it's a long running show. It had always been held in April. So all the vintage dealers on the east coast have already been setting up at that show for many years. And from what I've heard, many dealers have really good returns.

Once again, why did Wizard put this show up on the same weekend against another show is beyond me? (shrug)

Hey all,

We do 13 shows a year, and there are factors that are beyond our control. If you ask Jim, we did call him to let him know about the lack of flexibility, and there was little we could do. I'll take you through the month of April so you can see what happened. The first weekend is WonderCon. The weekend of the 22nd is Easter Weekend.

The other weekends had two major conventions locally that would've conflicted. One was a music festival the other was a TV gathering. They affect the local markets, and if you are not in SoCal, these are not on anyone's radar.

A show 3000 miles away has 0 impact on attendance and in reality, only affects probably less than 10 dealers. I would say there were less than five artists that could not attend, and that is a small number. We will have TONS of dealers. It may or may not be for you, but you can decide what you would like to do. It would be silly to miss.

Hello all,

:roflmao:

Please everyone who went to this show last year said it was the worst comic book show of the year.

Especially since last year the brains behind the operation put it on the same weekend as C2E2 in Chicago. :eyeroll:

I will be attending this show just because it is close to my house in San Diego.

I am hoping to see some new West Coast dealers, but I doubt it.

So far as a comic fan I am not seeing anything worth someone to travel from the east coast to attend the show.

That is key.

I would love nothing more than this show to be where I spend thousand of dollars on all the quality material in the room, however I have a feeling it will be just as rewarding as the Long Beach CC.

Considering I travel and work pretty much all the major shows in this country I will be happy if this show is even 25% of an normal east coast show.

Good luck, and I hope I see more comic dealers in the room even if they are selling junk.