• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Final Four

57 posts in this topic

:news:WELCOME TO THE FINAL FOUR :news:

Congratulations to this year's finalists; Comicdey, Zuckuss2003, DCMAN, and AJD. It has been a difficult and nerve racking journey (worship) Everyone is just two wins from the championship. Stay tuned to see who will be victorious.....

Note the revised scoring for the finals in the rules below. Good Luck to all :acclaim::wishluck:

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Monday at 10:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .5= 15 points

Within .7 or closer= 10 points

Within 1 or closer= 7 points.

Within 1.2 = 5 points.

Within 1.5 = 2 points

Within 2= 0 points

Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -3 points

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone. :wishluck:

Final4.jpg

I've been watching from the sidelines. Some exciting, hard-fought battles. Sorry to see MrLatko and BlowUpTheMoon go down in defeat - especially after BlowUpTheMoon knocked Toro out so early in the competition.

But the Final Four deserve to be where they are. Congrats to all 4 of you, and good luck!

I've been watching from the sidelines. Some exciting, hard-fought battles. Sorry to see MrLatko and BlowUpTheMoon go down in defeat - especially after BlowUpTheMoon knocked Toro out so early in the competition.

But the Final Four deserve to be where they are. Congrats to all 4 of you, and good luck!

Congrats to the 4!!!

If I would have gotten by Blowupthemoon, I would have been in the final 4! But that's what happens in tournament play.

Good Luck guys!

Grades sent, tough round...good luck comicdey

working on my grades now....actually looking at the books this round :whee:

good luck to all and to all a good night

Congrats to the 4!!!

If I would have gotten by Blowupthemoon, I would have been in the final 4! But that's what happens in tournament play.

Good Luck guys!

Nah - I would have tried harder. :baiting:

I would have won last year if Warlord hadn't knocked me out so early with an OT match.....

:lol: shoulda woulda coulda

one missed shot, and the tourney's over