• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a pet? Post a picture or two here!!

133 posts in this topic

My favourite cat was a stray that was with me for a short time who loved to climb trees.

He'd chase squirrels up them or just climb 20 feet up for no reason.

tigger.jpg

Morgan was a friendly cat with a love for the outdoors who never returned one day a few months after settling in a new town. Unfortunately coyotes are all around at night but try telling that to a cat.

Morgan.jpg

Shorty is another stray that I currently have that still has a strong compulsion to wander outside at night and the early mornings looking for her "Ro-meow"

She likes to go downstairs where she gets a street level view of the neighborhood including this bully cat who hangs around looking for trouble and food.

shorty_1.jpg

Hi,

I have always enjoyed browsing all the pictures of the families, books and rooms etc. but have not seen a post for pets!

This came to light recently (02/24/2011) when my 12 1/2 year old Basset Hound had to be put to sleep and now is on the other side of the rainbow bridge! It was a surprise to all of us as we knew she was getting older but never expected to lose her!

On Monday (Presidents day) I came down stairs and my dogs usually run to me. Two of three did come but DeeDee did not. I found her lying on the rug in front of the heater vent in the kitchen. She did not look well but started to perk up as the day went on. We called the vet and got an appointment for the next morning at 7 AM. The vet confirmed my fears that DeeDee was sick -- real sick! The Vet told me that she (DeeDee) had internal bleeding and cachexia which she believed was from cancer.

Now my DeeDee was a runt only 30 - 35 # and for a Basset that is small so I did not notice a weight loss (in fact she weighed the same but it was due to blood in her abdomen). While the Vet is telling me this DeeDee is wagging her tail and munching down on treats. The Vet stated that she could not do anything for DeeDee and I decided to take her home and treat her like a queen!

My daughter and son were home for school break so they stayed with her during the day and at night we feed her tenderloin and hamburger and she drank coffee (she loved coffee -- she use to steal it off the back of the contractor's trucks when she was a pup!) She seemed to do better and then Thursday AM her abdomen became very distended and she could not move very well. My wife and I call my oldest son and he came home from college that morning and spent the day with her. My youngest son and I had to go to his doctor for a follow up on his leg (he broke it in hockey and had to have a tumor removed ) when we came home all five of us (wife, me and three kids) brought DeeDee to the Vet and put her to rest!

I am finally able to talk (type about it) as I was embarrassed by my reaction to loss of DeeDee I deal with death and dying on a regular basis but never felt the pain that I did with losing this dog! It drove home to me that animals become very close to us and in fact we see them more than most of our human family members.

DeeDee Bettencourt: Born 8/24/1998, Adopted us on: 12/24/1998 (Christmas present for Buddy), Died 2/24/2011.

So let’s share pictures (past and present) and memories of our non-human family members!

Post -script: My daughter, younger son and wife convenience me to get another dog and they name it Juliet. She is adorable Basset and last weekend as I was coming home from a night shift from hell my wife and son were leaving. I asked where they were going and they said to get Romeo!! That’s right I now have 2 basset puppies, 1 adult basset, 1 adult Maltese and two cats! No wonder I work so much!!

This is DeeDee as a pup at Fort Meade MD around 1999

BabyDeeDee-1.jpg

This is DeeDee and Caryssa 1999 - 2000

CaryssaandDeeDee1999.jpg

DeeDee with Andrew and Caryssa 2000

scan0104.jpg

DeeDee with the Kids DeeDee did not bark, bite or growl!

DeeDeeandthekids.jpg

This is DeeDee 08/2008

IronMan37102.jpg

Profile of DeeDee now I can see how skinny she was looking

DeeDee1.jpg

This is DeeDee’s last day eerie with the light and reflection!

DeeDeeinthelight.jpg

She was majestic to the end!

DeeDeelyingdown.jpg

DeeDee on the last day in her bed!

Deedee2242011.jpg

Dottie as a baby 2003

BabyDottie.jpg

Dottie (8 year old Basset) with Cuddles and Romeo

Dottieandpuppy.jpg

Here is Cuddles 5 year old Maltese

Cuddles.jpg

Younger Cuddles

Cuddles2.jpg

Gizmo the cat that acts like a dog!!

Gizmo.jpg

Gizmo in close up!

Gizmoface.jpg

Juliet

Juliet.jpg

Juliet

Juliet2.jpg

Romeo

Romeo.jpg

Im sorry for your loss.The absolutely worst thing about owning a pet.

[im sorry for your loss.The absolutely worst thing about owning a pet.
Thank you for your condolences and I can honestly say that it is better to have LOVED and lost than to have never loved at all!

Unfortunately I had to put my Beagle to sleep in January. He was only 4 but he seemed to have a brain lesion or something of that nature. He was always a little off, but nothing major. Then after about 2 years he started having seizures. He was put on meds, but he eventually continued to decline. He would urinate in his crate and eventually starting going into dazes and would start snapping at the air.

100_0967.jpg

100_0984.jpg

My best bud "Brutus" and my wife's new puppy "Breezy".

IMAG0052.jpg

Cant post the video, but click on the link to see my escape artist. She's now 13 weeks old and four and a half pounds. We let her run around in the bathroom, when we are at work, until she's trained. Brutus has the run of the house with a doggie door in the garage to go outside.

Breezy at 10 weeks old and three pounds kept getting out, so we put a board over the right side because she was crawling up the inside of the door. The next day she was crawling up the other side of the cage so we put a board over there. The next day she closed the door and crawled up between the boards. So I had to cut a board big enough to cover the whole thing.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/tofer118/?action=view&current=VIDEO0011.mp4

I love your Boston Terrier. We had a boxer named Zaggy but we had to put her to sleep about two years ago. Now we just have our little Boston Terrier named Pixel. She is the smallest Boston Terrier I have every seen or own (less than ten pounds at 2 years old).

pixel.jpg