• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree COA question

48 posts in this topic

I'd check my Pedigree book but i loaned it out to someone and i can't remember who it was :ohnoez:

Before the advent of CGC, it seemed that most Silver Pedigrees were not marketed with a COA. Please correct me if i'm wrong but off the top of my head:

Mass (Silver)- no COA

Green River- no COA

White Mountain - only thing i ever saw was a sticker on the mylar

Boston- haphazard inclusion of COA

Northland - COA with every book

Pac Coast - stickers began after books were being graded by CGC

Mohawk Valley - i've seen COA with some books

Oakland - no COA just notations on Vinnie's labels

Bowling Green -?

Big Apple - ?

Curator-?

Other-?

I know John Hauser noted Green River on the price tags of GR books, but no COAs that I know of. John's Curator books were initially sold without COAs, but more recently sold copies have them.

2c

Due to insanity, I created some COAs for the Green Rivers I obtained from the lawyer... (The small latter part of the collection.)

I know the seller on eBay that has a lot of the Modern Curators has been selling them with COA's.

That seller is John Hauser, he bought the collection originally and has sold it off over the years. Nice guy too!

He seems nice, for sure. How accurate is his grading?

Old School.

John has a little old school in him but he has submitted a lot of books to CGC and has adapted. Actually, many of the raw books I got from him years ago, before CGC, graded out pretty well. I also don't believe any of the books I got from him had resto. All the Curators I picked up directly from John had COA's.

A number of my Bowling Green copies have a cheaply designed b/w certificate. The certificates do not state the title or issue of the book, just that each book was sold at Sotheby's or Weiss's auctions in June of 1999. There is some filler about it being the finest run of Marvels since the White Mountain's and that Jerry Weist was responsible for bringing the collection to auction.

The GA CGC'd Big Apple copies I own never came with certificates however many of the Big Apple raw silver age copies I've purchased, mostly from Ritter, have cheaply designed certificates. Some even vary from B/W and color certs.

He seems nice, for sure. How accurate is his grading? He advertises his Copper X-Men as NM and says most similar copies have received 9.6-9.8.
I bought all the copper hulks as NM and have already had at least 10 graded at 9.8 .

Also, im pretty sure thos Pacific coast stickers were around before cgc. Ive seen several on mylars.

I'd check my Pedigree book but i loaned it out to someone and i can't remember who it was :ohnoez:

Before the advent of CGC, it seemed that most Silver Pedigrees were not marketed with a COA. Please correct me if i'm wrong but off the top of my head:

Mass (Silver)- no COA

Green River- no COA

White Mountain - only thing i ever saw was a sticker on the mylar

Boston- haphazard inclusion of COA

Northland - COA with every book

Pac Coast - stickers began after books were being graded by CGC

Mohawk Valley - i've seen COA with some books

Oakland - no COA just notations on Vinnie's labels

Bowling Green -?

Big Apple - ?

Curator-?

Other-?

Winnipeg- COA with every book as far as i know even tho Doug mustve tossed at least half of them (bronze and copper)

White Mountains had a COA with a little pyramid looking graphic on gray paper. I used to have a couple but Hamlet's owned them for the last 18 years. Maybe I can get him to scan it.

This thread would be a lot better with scans of the various COAs for reference.