• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling prints of OA on eBay

21 posts in this topic

It almost sounds like it's the real page plus a print, but I can't figure why anyone would want just the print!

I interpret "Great looking Print/Reprint of the comic Layout & page produced." to mean both pieces you will receive will be "prints or reprints"

Their inventive wording and method off ripping of someone that only half reads the auction is the only thing ORIGINAL about the auction :golfclap:

Text is pretty clear that it is a print. Does the seller have the rights to sell

prints of this page?

Not a chance.

you're telling me, I did my usual low bid when I saw one of them and forgot all about it thinking I woudl be out bid and just found out I "won".

oh well, that teaches me to be trigger happy.

Malvin

you're telling me, I did my usual low bid when I saw one of them and forgot all about it thinking I woudl be out bid and just found out I "won".

oh well, that teaches me to be trigger happy.

Malvin

You can always contact Ebay to cancel the auction and your bids being that you have discovered that the piece is illegal, and see what happens.

yea, I might try that.

I actually already paid it, since it was $10 shipped and I didn't want to fight over that.

Malvin

Maybe you can do a youtube video of you burning it and get bleeding cool to do an article on you. lol

I reported this guy twice to eBay. Nothing happened. He's on his third round of selling prints. What's even more irritating is that he probably doesn't even have the original art. He just lifted image scans off of recent auctions.

If he had the original he still could not legally make prints, right?

No, he couldn't.

Nothing is going to happen unless the copyright owner contacts eBay through VERO. Either the artist or the publisher needs to do it otherwise eBay turns a deaf ear to people's complaints. I know plenty of artists that have been through this on eBay. A million fans could complain but until the artist states the pieces are not legitimate (and proves it!) eBay doesn't do a damned thing. Unless you show nipple, then one complaint and the piece is removed.