• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Big, BIG Deal Thread. Startling 49 CGC 9.0 and others added.

112 posts in this topic

Daredevil # 1 (CGC 8.0 OW/W) $2,375 shipped

Very nice book, with solid corners, one tiny nick on the spine, and great appeal. All three graders were at 8.0, and the book does not appear to have been Pressed (but that's just a guess on my part). Was thinking of cracking it out and resubbing it for a 8.5, but whatever.

DD1cgc80OWWf.jpg

DD1cgc80OWWb.jpg

good lord I wish I had some extra scratch atm.. :(

Why couldn't you have been around a month or so ago!!

:tonofbricks:

Very nice book, with solid corners, one tiny nick on the spine, and great appeal. All three graders were at 8.0, and the book does not appear to have been Pressed (but that's just a guess on my part). Was thinking of cracking it out and resubbing it for a 8.5, but whatever.

DD1cgc80OWWf.jpg

DD1cgc80OWWb.jpg

good lord I wish I had some extra scratch atm.. :(

Why couldn't you have been around a month or so ago!!

:tonofbricks:

I take Credit cards via Paypal. :gossip:

DD1cgc80OWWf.jpg

DD1cgc80OWWb.jpg

hm

DD1cgc80OWWf.jpg

DD1cgc80OWWb.jpg

hm

Should I price it for you in Canadian dollars? :baiting:

DD1cgc80OWWf.jpg

DD1cgc80OWWb.jpg

hm

Should I price it for you in Canadian dollars? :baiting:

That'd be $2304 Canadian :whistle: and a bump for George

Jim

Okay, so let's put up a few nice early TOS books...

Tales of Suspense # 39 (CGC 8.5 Qualified OW) $3995.

First up, the absolute nicest mid-grade TOS 39 you'll ever see. This book is currently sitting in a 8.5 Qualified label because someone punched a rather unobtrusive hole in the Comics Code stamp on the front cover. The hole is only on the front cover, the rest of the book is solid...very solid. In fact, it looks more like a 9.0 then an 8.5. That one little hole is the only thing keeping this from being a $12k-$20k+ book.

If this book doesn't sell, its going back to CGC for a blue label. It was originally slated to grade as a 6.5 Blue, but can just as easily grade as a 7.0 if Pressed. Either way, its a beauty for a mid grade book, and the nicest copy you'll ever see for under $4k.

TOS39CGC85Qf.jpg

TOS39CGC85Qr.jpg

Tales of Suspense # 33 (CGC 9.2 CRM/OW) SOLD

This is the highest graded copy of a very tough pre-hero Marvel. The price in GPA is indeed what I paid through a BIN on eBay, but frankly, anyone who has tracked the Market for highest graded pre-hero Marvels knows that's way less then FMV. Comparable books have sold for $1,500-$2,000 and up on C-link at auction, and this particular book rarely comes up for sale in very high grade. A mere 7.0 copy just sold for $200, which is close to double Guide. If it doesn't sell here, its heading to C-link for the May auction.

TOS33CGC92f.jpg

TOS33CGC92b.jpg

Sold to the man behind the curtain. :banana:

Tales of Suspense # 48 (CGC 9.0 OW) $775.

Very tightly graded old-label book that just got reholdered (henced the older serial number). Price is basically at cost, having bought it from a Boardie, along with the reholdering fee. Can't do any better.

TOS48cgc90f.jpg

Tales of Suspense # 49 (CGC 9.0 OW) Pressed. $1,375

Sharp book with wonderful colorstrike. The last copy that sold that's in GPA was perhaps the fugliest 9.0 I've ever seen, with some real dark foxing or something else going on the back cover. Feel free to look it up in the Heritage archives, since it was a Sunday night auction a little over a year ago. Its a miracle it sold for what it did. No way both that copy and this one should have the same numerical grade.

TOS49CGC90f.jpg

Last one for tonight...an FF....

Fantastic Four # 24 (CGC 9.4 OW/W) SOLD.

Really sharp book with nice whites and cover gloss. Very fresh and crisp, not faded and dull like many white cover books from this era. Kinda weird when 9.4s and 9.2s are selling for right around the same price.

FF24CGC94OWW.jpg