• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #10 CGC 3.0 Blue in ComicLink May auction

343 posts in this topic

That is certain one of the ugliest 3.0's I ever seen, having said this the #10 is the only issue I need to complete my 1 thru 50 run....."buckle up" boys the ride is going to get bumpy, that book is going to be mine, even if it does reach 20K !

A few of you may want to retire right now lol

Actually, it's a textbook example of a cgc 3.0.

If he bids 20K+ he can call it whatever he likes. :takeit:

if anyone bids 20K they can be called whatever they like lol

That is certain one of the ugliest 3.0's I ever seen, having said this the #10 is the only issue I need to complete my 1 thru 50 run....."buckle up" boys the ride is going to get bumpy, that book is going to be mine, even if it does reach 20K !

even "Alden"? hm

Don't you poo-poo on my moment. (tsk)

Hey look everybody...up in the sky...wait never mind it's just comicdonna...lol

gee sorry Donna, didn't know you were on the CGC payroll, and that your opinion was so much more accurate than mine...lol

Thanks Buddy...I am calling it a 2.0 at a 3.0 plus price point...lol

Thanks Buddy...I am calling it a 2.0 at a 3.0 plus price point...lol

I think it looks better than a 2.0. 2.5 to 3.0 range seems right on.

gee sorry Donna, didn't know you were on the CGC payroll, and that your opinion was so much more accurate than mine...lol

Welcome to the Boards :hi:

CGC doesn't make it easy to understand their grades as they have never published their standards. That said, someone like comicdonna has bought and sold CGC books through the Boards and participated in grading discussions for a number of years so he has established a public reputation for prediction.

He may or may not be correct regarding this particular book but at this stage there is more basis for Board members to value his assessment than someone who is new and having a stated self-interest in talking down the book.

CGC doesn't make it easy to understand their grades as they have never published their standards. That said, someone like comicdonna has bought and sold CGC books through the Boards and participated in grading discussions for a number of years so he has established a public reputation for prediction.

He may or may not be correct regarding this particular book but at this stage there is more basis for Board members to value his assessment than someone who is new and having a stated self-interest in talking down the book.

I don't care if board members value my opinion or not... all are entitled to their opinion even if they are new. These boards are a public forum, the issue of him being correct, or the fact he has been on here for years means nothing.He and I have equal right to disagree. Grading is something I have done for 37 years, yet it is still subjective. If my tenure regarding grading is longer than his does this give me absolute correctness regarding this issue ? Of course it doesn't. I find your comments be to very entertaining.....thank you....... lol:applause:

You may very well have a long history of grading but 1) we don't know that since you're new to the boards, 2) on this one book, you seem to be on the lower side compared to others' opinions so, yeah, your views are being discounted right now. Stick around for a while and the weight we will place on your views could increase ... but, if you continue on your current streak ... it's doubtful.

I don't care if board members value my opinion or not... all are entitled to their opinion even if they are new. These boards are a public forum, the issue of him being correct, or the fact he has been on here for years means nothing.He and I have equal right to disagree. Grading is something I have done for 37 years, yet it is still subjective. If my tenure regarding grading is longer than his does this give me absolute correctness regarding this issue ? Of course it doesn't. I find your comments be to very entertaining.....thank you....... lol:applause:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but if you post on the Boards here others will also feel free to post reactions. Comicdonna's reply struck me as being very direct so I sought to provide some context since you were new.

Your 37 years of grading may qualify you to question CGCs grading standard but isn't evidence of your ability to predict what they consider to be a 3.0. You may be the best predictor in the country but there's no evidence for that and your counter-argument to comicdonna was an ad hominem attack rather than a substantive one. The Boards are very open to robust disagreements so post away about why you think it isn't a 3.0 and you may find it's a friendly and engaging place to hang out.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but if you post on the Boards here others will also feel free to post reactions. Comicdonna's reply struck me as being very direct so I sought to provide some context since you were new.

Your 37 years of grading may qualify you to question CGCs grading standard but isn't evidence of your ability to predict what they consider to be a 3.0. You may be the best predictor in the country but there's no evidence for that and your counter-argument to comicdonna was an ad hominem attack rather than a substantive one. The Boards are very open to robust disagreements so post away about why you think it isn't a 3.0 and you may find it's a friendly and engaging place to hang out.

Extremely well stated Mr. Strange, thank you for your imput.

Welcome back to this topic, Alleybat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7 aka royig aka Punkkitty aka bamaboy aka Greenpep aka QuickS aka DinnerB, ect.....

My opinion was based on closely studying front and back cover scans before the book was encapsized. The scan shown in this thread is oversized and can be decieving.

when I first "graded it from the original scan" I told bob 2.0, but he told me in hand it was a 3.0...and so it just goes to show you that one can't really grade without actually having the book in hand...a scan is just that (thumbs u

when I first "graded it from the original scan" I told bob 2.0, but he told me in hand it was a 3.0...and so it just goes to show you that one can't really grade without actually having the book in hand...a scan is just that (thumbs u

I agree with that sentiment.

Yep, even said I would be extremely surprised if it came back as anything under a 3.0. As comicdonna pointed out, it is a text book 3.0

I agree with that sentiment.

Btw., comicdonna is one of my favorite board members and I almost always finds his posts interesting and positive. Like others, I respect his views a lot. Thanks, adamstrange. I remember you did something similar once a dealer started posting here.