• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-Men 534 Wondercon Variant CGC 9.8 SOLD OUT! Thank you, come again!

16 posts in this topic

Uncanny X-Men 534 Wondercon San Francisco Giants World Series Variant CGC 9.8

uxm534SFvariant.jpg

3 copies SOLD OUT! - $175 ea. + $10 Priority shipping.

Limit one per person.

The books are already on their way back to me and should arrive Tuesday.

This is one of the toughest X-Men books I've ever had to deal with. The print run was just horrible, and on top of that the boxes suffered from heavy shipping damage. I stood on line the first day of Wondercon for almost 2 hours (I was like 50th) to just get a handful initially, and then I had to beg, swap & buy from dealers, and beg some more to get copies of this book that I thought would grade 9.8.

The line for this book wrapped around the hall until closing Friday, and they sold out first thing Saturday morning. Getting gradeable copies of this book really stressed me out at the con (so unlike me) - Not all my copies passed 9.8.

After taking care of my regular UXM CGC 9.8 pull service customers I have 3 copies remaining. NM and less quality raw copies are going for $50+ on eBay at the moment.

If you want one post an :takeit:

If it helps anyone thinking or wavering on this...

Dre and I stood in line together and were lucky enough to be able to actually look through a small quantity as we were given in the stink eye by Marvel lol

I have 5, and hope 1 will be 9.8

This could very well be one of the absolute toughest modern X-Men in 9.8 condition...

Just my 2 cents...

Regular copies are not going for $50 anymore they hit $400 on ebay alone. You think that's sick try getting a Campbell 510 sketch variant. These two will over pass the Pressmen gold 297 really fast.

Is it my understanding the 534 SF variant is less then 250 decent copies?? The rest were trash?

This thread is a blast from the pass.

2000 print run on UXM 534 Wondercon.

534 had a noticeable issue with kinks in general. The Wondercon variant was worse coupled with the fact the boxes were overnighted from the printer, but not double-boxed. Most of the run were damaged in shipping.

The 510 Sketch was a book given out a panel. About 250-500 given out. Hard to tell if I was a case or two cases.

Pressman 297 gold is still champ.