• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Submission turnaround times

29 posts in this topic

A few questions on CGC's estimated turn-around times on comic book grading. I recently submitted comics in different grading service tiers, and had some questions about the turn-around times since some are graded, and some haven't been verified yet. I submitted 3 comics under the 3-free express(turn around time was supposed to be 20 days), they were graded in less than 15 days. I submitted 2 different orders of 3-4 comics each under the economy tiers(there turn around is est. at 40 days), they were verified in just under 15 days, with plenty of time left in the est. turn around time. But, lastly I submitted 6 books under the Modern Tier(est turn around is est. at 20 days), and it has been over 15 business days and have yet to be verified. So I guess my question is why is there such a difference in the estimated turn around and the actual turn around time? Why is it taking much longer for the Modern tier when the free books were done so fast? Probably a common question. Just wondering..

Thanks!

Chuck

A few questions on CGC's estimated turn-around times on comic book grading. I recently submitted comics in different grading service tiers, and had some questions about the turn-around times since some are graded, and some haven't been verified yet. I submitted 3 comics under the 3-free express(turn around time was supposed to be 20 days), they were graded in less than 15 days. I submitted 2 different orders of 3-4 comics each under the economy tiers(there turn around is est. at 40 days), they were verified in just under 15 days, with plenty of time left in the est. turn around time. But, lastly I submitted 6 books under the Modern Tier(est turn around is est. at 20 days), and it has been over 15 business days and have yet to be verified. So I guess my question is why is there such a difference in the estimated turn around and the actual turn around time? Why is it taking much longer for the Modern tier when the free books were done so fast? Probably a common question. Just wondering..

Thanks!

Chuck

You just have to figure the turnaround times to be exactly what they are. Estimates. They are trying to get to everything ASAP.

With a name like Big Cool Redhead, you can post where ever you want.....

He did sign his post as "Chuck". Just saying.

lol Not that there's anything wroooong with that...

speaking of times I did two SS at eccc one was a guide book with two autographs on it & one was a media guest photo with autograph on it ... The guide book has been done & sent already but nothing yet on the photo ... Is that odd ?... I'd think the photo would be done faster since all it needs to be done is cased & not graded

ECCCSS08.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

(shrug)