• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

Count me as one of those who not only noticed the lispy voice, but thought it distracted from the movie. :hi:

+1

If it were not for the bat-lisp, DK would be virtually flawless, imo.

It's really the only thing I didn't like about the movie.

I never noticed any difference when watching the movies. The voice doesn't bother me at all. Batman should have pathos in this voice, he is afterall, a creature of the night trying to inflict terror in the hearts of evil doers. Is he not?

In the clips you've provided he is talking calmly in the first scene with Gordon, and interrogating a baddie in the next, including yelling. Not really an apples to apples comparison

Inflict Terror? Yes. Make the audience giggle at the gravel over-act? No.

How about this from Batman Begins?

At 3:28 of the clip he's trying to inflict terror on the mob boss, nothing like DK

This is as close as he gets to over the top in Begins:

There's a serious extra layer of gravel thrown on top between the two films.

Love this stuff, Batman Begins was an awesome movie. I preferred it to The Dark Knight.

Not that I don't mind the chat about the Batman movies, my wife and I went to Thor this evening. Overall an entertaining flick, but nowhere near as good as the first IM or either Batman movie.

It was interesting to listen to the murmur in the crowd about how the GL movie looked cool (my wife said the same thing). Since I had seen the expanded footage from Wondercon a couple of times the trailer did nothing for me on the big screen. lol

Saw Thor for the second time tonight and liked it even better than the first time. Excellent movie in my opinion

Bill, you convinced me to get out this weekend and finally see it.

Good time to be a comic geek. :applause:

Not that I don't mind the chat about the Batman movies, my wife and I went to Thor this evening. Overall an entertaining flick, but nowhere near as good as the first IM or either Batman movie.

It was interesting to listen to the murmur in the crowd about how the GL movie looked cool (my wife said the same thing). Since I had seen the expanded footage from Wondercon a couple of times the trailer did nothing for me on the big screen. lol

I liked the trailer but

Super 8 seemed to get the biggest buzz when they showed the trailers more then anything else. ;)

I saw it with my wife and thought it was well done. I think it got the balance right between character development and action. Nice linear storyline that didn't require you to have intimate knowledge of the comic. 3.5 out of 5!

Thor: Thought it was good, not great. Actor who played thor was excellent. Cast was excellent of primary people including Natalie Portman. Thought the Warriors 3 and Sif were a little corny. Destroyer was cool to look at. The beginning part of the movie was a lot of fun. End was just okay.

GL: Lots of people in the movie theater were also pretty impressed with the effects. Ryan Reynolds looks cringe worthy as Hal Jordan, and if you know the comics... he's not a good choice, but in terms of Hollywood, he delivers star power.

Super 8: I'm the only person who seems totally disinterested in this flick.

Captain America: Looks awesome.

Hi all --

Thor was a fun popcorn movie; a bit stilted, Loki a bit puzzling (in terms of motivations and powers), but the lead actors did a fine job and there's more than a few laughs. I love how they're using the movies as they used to use the comics themselves -- set up some adventures that lead to the next chapter (Avengers).

Green Lantern -- could be trying to do too much.

Captain America -- I'm preparing to be disappointed.

Super 8 -- what kind of title is this?

Dan

Thor: Thought it was good, not great. Actor who played thor was excellent. Cast was excellent of primary people including Natalie Portman. Thought the Warriors 3 and Sif were a little corny. Destroyer was cool to look at. The beginning part of the movie was a lot of fun. End was just okay.

Just about in total agreement, except I thought the beginning was boring. The guy playing Thor was perfect. Perfect.

GL: Lots of people in the movie theater were also pretty impressed with the effects. Ryan Reynolds looks cringe worthy as Hal Jordan, and if you know the comics... he's not a good choice, but in terms of Hollywood, he delivers star power.

Yep, Reynolds will kill this one. And the bright green costume looks dumb.

Super 8: I'm the only person who seems totally disinterested in this flick.

I have no interest in this, except as far as it looks like a reboot of The Goonies!

Captain America: Looks awesome.

Gotta disagree. I've been flip-flopping on this one, currently I think it looks awful.

Hi all --

Thor was a fun popcorn movie; a bit stilted, Loki a bit puzzling (in terms of motivations and powers), but the lead actors did a fine job and there's more than a few laughs. I love how they're using the movies as they used to use the comics themselves -- set up some adventures that lead to the next chapter (Avengers).

Green Lantern -- could be trying to do too much.

Captain America -- I'm preparing to be disappointed.

Super 8 -- what kind of title is this?

Dan

isn't it the name of the home movie camera where guys like spielberg cut their teeth in their backyards filming plastic soldiers getting blown up with firecrackers?

I just saw Thor and I really enjoyed it, however I thought the ending was a bit of a dissapointment, the battle with the ice giants should have been at the end.

Casting was perfect and the dialogue was good, the funny parts which were meant to be funny, well, were.

Saw the trailer for X-Men First Class and I might go see that as well.

I thought this was a well balanced movie,even had the elements of a tragic love story trying to save his kingdom he lost his one true love. My wife even cried at the end.Love the fact that Loki his going to be the Villain in the Avengers movie. :applause:

I thought this was a well balanced movie,even had the elements of a tragic love story trying to save his kingdom he lost his one true love. My wife even cried at the end.Love the fact that Loki his going to be the Villain in the Avengers movie. :applause:

There's more than just Loki in Avengers.

I liked the Thor movie, I thought Hopkins did a great job as Odin and the guy they got to play Thor seems to be a good choice. I was a little disappointed that they did not allow Kat Dennings to show her assets to better effect (just because she's a personal favorite of mine). Overall I would rate it 3.8 out 5.

I also had no real interest in the Super 8 movie based on the trailer they showed.

I'm familiar with the Silver Age/Bronze Age Thor. I never once expected this film to resemble the SA/BA origins so I was able to enjoy it VERY much (though I didn't like how Donald Blake was reduced to a loser ex-boyfriend). So tell me; does this story resemble the modern Thor revamps, or did they come up with new stuff altogether (like scientist Jane Foster)?

Just came back from seeing it. It was fun, just as I was hoping. Thought it was funny when it needed to be, and the Destroyer felt really powerful. Saw it in 3-D but not Imax. My Fiance thought it was fun too, but the beginning exposition was a bit tiring for her perhaps.

There's more than just Loki in Avengers.

I'm hoping for Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet.

Ultron! Ultron! We all scream for Ultron!

No one ever expects a robot uprising...Without Hank Pym around, I think Ultron's out...Kree/Skrulls? What have we seen so far, Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet, and maybe the Eye of Agamotto?

I'd be perfectly happy with Hulk becoming controlled by Loki (& the Enchantress, while we're making out a wish list).

My one worry for the Avengers film is that it will be overpopulated by antagonists...Loki's got the goods to make things interesting without robots, aliens, or vampires showing up. Think Morbius, not the Cullens ;)