• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southland Tales: Anyone Read/Watch It?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone? I just finished the graphic novels (parts I-III) after seeing the movie a few years back (parts IV-VI). I cannot tell if it's pretentious or brilliant. Regardless, I enjoyed it, and will likely watch the movie again.

It's something that requires multiple readings/viewings.

And for anyone unfamiliar with it, it's written by RICHARD KELLY, the writer/director of DONNIE DARKO.

I watched it and thought it was awesome but it's one of those movies that when it ends I stop and think "What did I just watch???"

Pretty cool though. Didn't know it was a comic book too.

Yeah, the first 3 parts of the story are in graphic novel format. The movie consists of the final 3 parts of the story. You HAVE to read the graphic novels if you enjoyed the movie, because it'll make much more sense that way.

Thanks, I think I will (thumbs u

+1

I thought it ranked up there with Repo Man and Donnie Darko. I'd rather watch something that takes a few chances and doesn't crinch because the mainstream audience isn't getting spoonfed.

* Hollywood please f%$# with my head *

It's great! Anyone seen the Cannes Cut? It's about an hour longer - if you like the movie, it's definitely worth searching out.

I've got a couple of pieces of OA from the graphic novel, my favorite is one of the Boxer Santeros pages.

It's great! Anyone seen the Cannes Cut? It's about an hour longer - if you like the movie, it's definitely worth searching out.

I've got a couple of pieces of OA from the graphic novel, my favorite is one of the Boxer Santeros pages.

Yeah, the art is BEN TEMPLESMITHish.

A Cannes Cut, huh? I'll have to track it down! (thumbs u

Yeah, the art is BEN TEMPLESMITHish.

A Cannes Cut, huh? I'll have to track it down! (thumbs u

If you need some hints for it's location, send me a PM :gossip:.