• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Potential in the Copper Age

191 posts in this topic

Alright, we've been talking about little else besides Turtles and Dave Stevens over the past few weeks, and I love 'em both, but there's only so much to be had over a short period of time.

So, I figured we could have a real, honest to goodness "what has potential, but is currently dollar bin fodder?" thread.

I'll start:

emeralddawn1.jpg

Once super hot, now dollar bin fodder. I buy these every time I run across them for $3 or less. Classic, inspired cover. Retells Hal's origin, plus a lot of other tidbits about the Corps. The best Hal Jordan story in years, perhaps ever. I still get a thrill up my leg when I come across a copy in my boxes. The cover is just unbelievably good.

The whole series is outstanding, and the first issue was a complete sellout. Issue #2 might do well, but #3-6 were massively ordered. Sticking to #1 would probably be the best bet.

If the film does well, and spawns sequels, this series could rise from the ashes and become popular once more.

I don't see that GL too often in dollar boxes.

The 180s and 190s of the second (SA) GL series are littered with interesting events (mainly re: John Stewart, who IS Green Lantern as far as any kid under 12 is concerned) and are sitting in dollar boxes in nice shape. Were these events of the same "magnitude" in Batman or ASM they'd be $15-$25 in OPG (and may have graduated to more expensive bargain boxes).

GL #48-51 have better potential.

Rarely see those in the dollar bins. I wont say never as I have managed to find one or two of each over the years but RARELY isn't an undestatement.

I say #47 is vastly overlooked.

I love the Dead@17 first run on Viper comics

1blaha4.jpg

I'm trying to track down a full set and have yet to find it cheap. I don't know if the series caught on or if the few eBayers that have it are shooting for the stars. The preview is always listed with a high BIN too and I'm pretty sure I got mine for a dollar or less just within the past year.

Gotta get me some of those books.

:ohnoez:

I gotta be a cheerleader for these books.I wanna thank Nick for turning me onto the Crow books,what an amazing read. (worship)

this run is a must for Copper collectors.

Gotta get me some of those books.

:ohnoez:

I gotta be a cheerleader for these books.I wanna thank Nick for turning me onto the Crow books,what an amazing read. (worship)

this run is a must for Copper collectors.

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Rarely see those in the dollar bins. I wont say never as I have managed to find one or two of each over the years but RARELY isn't an undestatement.

do you have a picture of 47. for the love of me i just could find a picture of it. i have 46, 48-51

speaking of which, I'll put in my two cent here.................. i'll say GL #46 and superman #80. Both issues feature the destruction of coast city..... which brought in the fall of hal jordan, was center during the senistro wars, and Blackest night. most writers (especailly Johns) would sometimes refer their stories back to those two issues.

Paratrooper is obsessed with that book, too. He has a bunch of copies.

This was a copper age book?

Oops! still a cool run. :cloud9:

look to the Indy comics for investment in the Copper Age.

Caliber Presents #1 (1st Crow)

The Crow 1-4

:headbang:

Again, the OP stated investment potential that can be found in $1 boxes.

I always pick up last issues of a series, higher number DC animated (Batman, JLU, Supes, etc - maybe Modern now that i type it), high grade mainstream titles, and any QUALITY indys like Miracleman (just picked up a 2,3,4 in $1 box a few weeks ago).

I find these issues in the $1 bins all the time.