• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Potential in the Copper Age

191 posts in this topic

This was a copper age book?

Oops! still a cool run. :cloud9:

look to the Indy comics for investment in the Copper Age.

Caliber Presents #1 (1st Crow)

The Crow 1-4

:headbang:

Nope. The return won't be as high.

The Crow 1-4

You'd be surprised. Two of my Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.4's brought higher than GPA prices, one of which set the new GPA high.

The Crow 1-4

You'd be surprised. Two of my Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.4's brought higher than GPA prices, one of which set the new GPA high.

What did you pay for them? Include the slabbing and signature fees, and then figure out your return.

The Crow 1-4

What did you pay for them? Include the slabbing and signature fees, and then figure out your return.

(tsk)

That's like revealing how many of your Silver Age beauties you sold came from Magnus 0 trades. Folks would fall over if they compared what they paid for those books.

:baiting:

If this counts as Copper, I'd buy a few. You can get them for nothing.

18-1.jpg

Since this storyline is approaching the twenty year mark I would suspect sometime during the next 10 years collectors will be seeking a copy and prices will increase, though it will never be worth big bucks.

Donut, I believe your icon pic is Ron Jeremy. Did you see him on the APV awards ? He has not aged well. Too much sap being drained from the tree ?

The Crow 1-4

(tsk)

That's like revealing how many of your Silver Age beauties you sold came from Magnus 0 trades. Folks would fall over if they compared what they paid for those books.

:baiting:

lol (thumbs u :devil:

GL #48-51 have better potential.

It's not a contest.

;)

Lay out your reasoning for GL #48-51.

That's easy. Everything that has gone on in the last 15 years started there: Kyle Rayner as a GL, Hal possessed by Parallax etc. etc. Very important to the GL mythos. But there are lots and lots of copies.

A fingh post on a weekend...?

That's like a Bigfoot sighting in Palm Springs!

PS. I could have laid out that reasoning myself, Gin Rummy. I was looking for Juggy's opinion. :makepoint:

He is so pimp, he probably has even better reasons than that.

I still have 8 copies of Man of Steel 18 that I bought off the shelf and never got around to selling in 1993. Would be ecstatic if they ever returned to the $8-10 mark.

In 9.8 this book still gets some attention. Nothing amazingly high like - say - the rare Vengeance of Bane Special 1. But a decent price.

(:

I still have 8 copies of Man of Steel 18 that I bought off the shelf and never got around to selling in 1993. Would be ecstatic if they ever returned to the $8-10 mark.

If you think they would have a shot at 9.8 let me know. I would be interested.

If you think they would have a shot at 9.8 let me know. I would be interested.

The Death of Superman books (like Man of Steel 18) have more interesting potential if they have a real UPC bar code on them.

Just sayin'. ;)

I would chase the later printings of Supes 18 in my opinion the print run was very low compared to the 1st print which was not huge by any means.

I would love to get these as well. I believe I have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th prints raw but am always looking for more if they have a shot at 9.8. I still need the 5th print :wishluck: