• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Potential in the Copper Age

191 posts in this topic

I will start off with a few Marvel and DC comics. I find these in the $1 bins all the time.

X-Men #191 1st Nimrod

X-Men #4 1st Omega Red

X-Men #244 1st Jubilee

Amazing Spider-Man #361 - 1st Carnage

Iron Man #282 1st War Machine

Captain America #253 1st Union Jack III

Captain America #360 1st Crossbones

Daredevil #254 1st Typhoid Mary

New Mutants #87 - 2nd Print

Justice League #1 1st Maxwell Lord

Deathstroke the Terminator #1

Teen Titans #10 2nd app. Deathstroke

Doom Patrol #35 & 36 1st Flex Mentallo

Power Pack #1 1st power pack

Legion of Super-heros #37-38 Death of Superboy

I don't know how you find ASM 361 and IM 282 in dollar boxes. These have been big books for a while with speculation on both ends, and with the recent release of IM 2, the 282 has seriously shot up in popularity (though it could still go higher),

I think Carnage could be the mystery villain in future Spider-Man movies.

Agreed. I do ALOT of $1 box digging and have never found an X-Men 244 or Iron Man 282 in $1 boxes. Very rarely have I come acrossan ASM 262 and they are never in good shape when I do.

I've seen this in the dollar bins not to long ago, I'd recommend picking it up before the in development T.V. series is finally announced.

19738-2870-22024-1-spectacular-spider-m_large.jpg

not really common dollar box stock...might get in as a dealer oversight or a mid-grade copy, but yes, if it's there, that's a good price

What about these? :)

12306f.jpg12307f.jpg

12308f.jpg

12309f.jpg

I will start off with a few Marvel and DC comics. I find these in the $1 bins all the time.

X-Men #191 1st Nimrod

X-Men #4 1st Omega Red

X-Men #244 1st Jubilee

I don't know how you find ASM 361 and IM 282 in dollar boxes. These have been big books for a while with speculation on both ends, and with the recent release of IM 2, the 282 has seriously shot up in popularity (though it could still go higher),

Agreed. I do ALOT of $1 box digging and have never found an X-Men 244 or Iron Man 282 in $1 boxes. Very rarely have I come acrossan ASM 262 and they are never in good shape when I do.

No offense to any Canadian dealers but they are not as savy as american dealers.

Maybe we should look outside of MARVEL Comics for Copper Investments. (shrug)

In that case

any issue of this.

250px-Deadworld_01_cover.jpg

Even trying to find a complete set these raw can be a challange. ;)

+1 I've gotten a couple copies of this myself for about a $1 each.

Not sure what the current statis is, but there has been talk of making this into a TV show or movie. Plus, it's a cool book.

In that case

any issue of this.

Not sure what the current statis is, but there has been talk of making this into a TV show or movie. Plus, it's a cool book.

I have the first three drafts of the -script as well as a bunch of other studio correspondence and so on :)

In that case

any issue of this.

I have the first three drafts of the -script as well as a bunch of other studio correspondence and so on :)

Very cool!

If memory serves me correctly, I believe you were the one who told me to try this series. (thumbs u

I've seen this in the dollar bins not to long ago, I'd recommend picking it up before the in development T.V. series is finally announced.

19738-2870-22024-1-spectacular-spider-m_large.jpg

not really common dollar box stock...might get in as a dealer oversight or a mid-grade copy, but yes, if it's there, that's a good price

What about these? :)

12306f.jpg12307f.jpg

12308f.jpg

12309f.jpg

yes, i see tons of the mini in dollar boxes. dunno if they're in 9.8 shape. never buy them.

First Bishop Uncanny X-men #282

A pretty cool character, just as cool as Cable or Gambit and look at what their first appearances go for.

Uncanny-X-Men-282.jpg

Oh, yes, please start hoarding this one :wishluck:

You never know - once you've gathered up the first 450,000 copies and put them to the fire, the remaining 10,000 copies might actually be worth something :thumbsup:

you honestly think there are only 460,000 copies out there?

the problem with some many of these popular books is that Mile High may very well have 40,000 copies and some other dealers with similar stockpiles. as of right now they're easily available on the interweb for $2-$4 from these sources. it would take quite a run on these issues to get the prices to change.

then again, there's always 266 and NM 98 (though NM 98 likely had a vastly smaller print-run than 282 even if Liefield was very popular and had been on NM for a year by then, so I think the circulation was way up from sub-100K like when he took over)

282 would probably be a good issue to stick up on the wall for $5-$8 if you own a comic shop and Bishop makes a comeback, but with sooooo many copies on the interweb, I dunno if it's a good ebay/internet investment, even out of the dollar box.

Still time is the mighty force of attrition here. I highly doubt MH has anything near 40k worht of copies, but even 2k would be 2k to many to affect a movement in the price.

I think the book is a great key book, but you need another 15 years of neglect to whittle it down in the population stakes.

There is no way MH has that many copies. I bet they have 200 max.

X-Men #191 – 1st Nimrod

X-Men #4 – 1st Omega Red

X-Men #244 – 1st Jubilee

Iron Man #282 – 1st War Machine

Captain America #253 – 1st Union Jack III

Captain America #360 – 1st Crossbones

Daredevil #254 – 1st Typhoid Mary

Justice League #1 – 1st Maxwell Lord

Teen Titans #10 – 2nd app. Deathstroke

Doom Patrol #35 & 36 – 1st Flex Mentallo

Power Pack #1 – 1st power pack

Legion of Super-heros #37-38 – Death of Superboy

+1

Help me out here.

Why are X-Men 191 (1st Nimrod) and X-Men 4 (1st Omega Red) significant?

I have a few of each, but are the characters still relevant? I remember X-Men broke out back in the early 90s but wasn't aware that the character did anything after about 1993.

Likewise, why Justice League 1 with first Maxwell Lord? I've picked up a few copies from the dollar bins over the years because it was Justice League 1, but didn't Maxwell Lord die in Wonder Woman 219 or so--the lead-up to 52, I think?

Help me out here.

Why are X-Men 191 (1st Nimrod) and X-Men 4 (1st Omega Red) significant?

I have a few of each, but are the characters still relevant? I remember X-Men broke out back in the early 90s but wasn't aware that the character did anything after about 1993.

Likewise, why Justice League 1 with first Maxwell Lord? I've picked up a few copies from the dollar bins over the years because it was Justice League 1, but didn't Maxwell Lord die in Wonder Woman 219 or so--the lead-up to 52, I think?

These characters will eventually show up in movies or television it's only a matter of time.

X-Men #191 1st Nimrod

X-Men #4 1st Omega Red

X-Men #244 1st Jubilee

No offense to any Canadian dealers but they are not as savy as american dealers.

I don't understand what that statement has to do with anything. That's not even necessarily true.

X-Men #191 1st Nimrod

X-Men #4 1st Omega Red

X-Men #244 1st Jubilee

I don't understand what that statement has to do with anything. That's not even necessarily true.

That has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on the boards. :makepoint:

I hope you were kidding?

Really?

If, in his experience, Canadian dealers are more apt to have these types of books in their dollar bins, why should he not say that?

He is Canadian, so I hardly think it is intended to slight Canada.

Really?

If, in his experience, Canadian dealers are more apt to have these types of books in their dollar bins, why should he not say that?

He is Canadian, so I hardly think it is intended to slight Canada.

In that case, it's not quite as offensive to Canadians, but I'm still wondering why the poster feels that way. What makes Canadian dealers different? They follow the hypes and the speculation just as much as American dealers do.

The only comment that I can make is that there was a dealer a couple of years ago out of Montreal that did Chicago and Mid-Ohio. He had 300-400 long boxes of $1 and $2 books. I never pulled so many 9.8 Copper books as I did from him. And he didn't care what was in there, as long as they were blowing out!! I wish I spent more time digging through there, but I was getting SS done. I should have just box dived for the whole convention.

And just for the record, I still <3 Canada.

I was just at a show where two dealers told me Strawberry Shortcake is flying. Apparently there is crossover appeal - a lot of people who collect everything SS, which includes the old Star Comics. I was just looking for $1-$2 copies for my 3 y/o daughter who loves Strawberry Shortcake, but apparently they - and to a lesser extent Care Bears - are serious collectibles. (Though someone had a lot of cheap ones at a show I took her to at last year.)

I considered buying her a #1 off someone's wall, actually, but she might be a little too young to understand "collectible" and why this one has to be read to her by Daddy and under no circumstances can little brother get his hands on it. Kind of wish I had, though, in hindsight. I think I underestimated her.