• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Potential in the Copper Age

191 posts in this topic

The only comment that I can make is that there was a dealer a couple of years ago out of Montreal that did Chicago and Mid-Ohio. He had 300-400 long boxes of $1 and $2 books. I never pulled so many 9.8 Copper books as I did from him. And he didn't care what was in there, as long as they were blowing out!! I wish I spent more time digging through there, but I was getting SS done. I should have just box dived for the whole convention.

And just for the record, I still <3 Canada.

I know those dealers from Montreal and they are one of the reasons why I made that comment. I can find almost anything in there $1 or $2 bins.

I will start off with a few Marvel and DC comics. I find these in the $1 bins all the time.

X-Men #191 1st Nimrod

X-Men #4 1st Omega Red

X-Men #244 1st Jubilee

Amazing Spider-Man #361 - 1st Carnage

Iron Man #282 1st War Machine

Captain America #253 1st Union Jack III

Captain America #360 1st Crossbones

Daredevil #254 1st Typhoid Mary

New Mutants #87 - 2nd Print

Justice League #1 1st Maxwell Lord

Deathstroke the Terminator #1

Teen Titans #10 2nd app. Deathstroke

Doom Patrol #35 & 36 1st Flex Mentallo

Power Pack #1 1st power pack

Legion of Super-heros #37-38 Death of Superboy

I don't know how you find ASM 361 and IM 282 in dollar boxes. These have been big books for a while with speculation on both ends, and with the recent release of IM 2, the 282 has seriously shot up in popularity (though it could still go higher),

I think Carnage could be the mystery villain in future Spider-Man movies.

Agreed. I do ALOT of $1 box digging and have never found an X-Men 244 or Iron Man 282 in $1 boxes. Very rarely have I come acrossan ASM 262 and they are never in good shape when I do.

No offense to any Canadian dealers but they are not as savy as american dealers.

I don't understand what that statement has to do with anything. That's not even necessarily true.

That has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on the boards. :makepoint:

I hope you were kidding?

I stand by my statement.

This was a copper age book?

Oops! still a cool run. :cloud9:

look to the Indy comics for investment in the Copper Age.

Caliber Presents #1 (1st Crow)

The Crow 1-4

:headbang:

I don't think you can find these in a $1 or $2 bin. :makepoint:

I'm beginning to think there's something to those Star Comics threads posted here last year.

As a mere collector, I've bought about a dozen large Copper collections and they've _never_ contained any Star books.

I'm beginning to think there's something to those Star Comics threads posted here last year.

As a mere collector, I've bought about a dozen large Copper collections and they've _never_ contained any Star books.

I love the Star books as well. Many do not thnk they are rare overall, but there certainly are tough individual issues. My experience is the same as yours, though - I do not come across them as frequently as I would think.

Stuff like Air Raiders or Madballs or even Fraggle Rock. Heck, Peter Porker! The question is if there are tons of them the dealers just don't think it is worth their time to sell, or if they all got trashed.

I noticed that Mile High has this issue of Alien Worlds (#7) in NM at $18.50 (out of stock) compared to some of the Dave Stevens covers at $4-$5. Anyone know what the deal is on this?

7367871_1.jpg

Yeah! Chucks a rip off artist. (shrug)

I noticed that Mile High has this issue of Alien Worlds (#7) in NM at $18.50 (out of stock) compared to some of the Dave Stevens covers at $4-$5. Anyone know what the deal is on this?

7367871_1.jpg

Yeah! Chucks a rip off artist. (shrug)

lol Conan gave us all permission to use art from the site!