• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A forum transaction gone good/bad/good.

72 posts in this topic

:cry:

im crying for this poor western penn book. i hate you SCS!!!

I don`t think it`s SCS. For the life of me I can`t figure out how it happened. Usually when a corner tears like this either it was already almost torn through or significantly weakened, or the corner got caught in the seal weld and then when the book got jostled the corner tore off.

It definitely can`t be the latter, and it sure doesn`t look from the "before" scan like it was the former.

I am truly baffled about how this chip could have come off. It strikes me as almost impossible without it being loose already.

If it was loose already, could it have graded as a 9.8?

I guess the answer is obvious.

I hate it when an accident happens to a beautiful comic.

I am truly baffled about how this chip could have come off. It strikes me as almost impossible without it being loose already.

It's really bothering you that much?

That was my question. No harm, no foul, move on. Send it to CGC and see if they'll make Surfer whole.

I am so sad reading this thread. So that itsy-bitsy corner missing now makes the book worthless. doh! Maybe it should be donated to Nik if is so undesirable.

Anyway, that was really stand up of the seller to refund the book completely.

hm

:idea:

-I blame it on those primates wearing US postal outfits. :shy: (thumbs u

If you look really closely at the lower right corner there is a clearly defined moose track mark on the slab. (tsk)

I hate that.

Moose tracks? value goes down :mad:

Camel toe? value goes up :o

How's that work (shrug)

Did you see his board-name?

In other news, :applause: to the surfer

Dan

I have to say I close my eyes and cringe when i hand over my stack of shipments to the post office. I watch them chuck my stack of 15 med flat rate envelopes 5 feet into a tangled mess of boxes.

Luckily.. I pack things well. So far nothing I have sent has been damaged in route.

Why dont they take there job seriously... im spending 5 dollars to send about 24 pages of paper... take care of it!

I'm not remotely trying to insinuate SS here is a presser.

But could the 'in slab' damage could be early sign's of damage from a pressed book.

Where a corner crease has been pressed out, but the paper was integrally weakened, and broke off in transit, due some good shuffling and tumbling in the hands of USPS?

(shrug)

Look, this transaction is the antithesis of yours.

shoo fly, shoo.

The odds of that corner falling off due to pressing are extremely long, it doesn't weaken paper in any measurable way if done correctly.