• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did ebay change their layout when they could have....

19 posts in this topic

First off let me state that I hate the new ebay layout. It's bothersome, dificult to navigate, and now that the featured auctions that are new arn't the first on the page anymore a diserivce to sellers. My question is why does ebay feel the need to change their site all the time with all of the other problems they should be paying attention to? Shouldn't fraud, keyword spamming ect. ect. be their number one priority? What do you guys think?

Eric

I agree, I dont like the change.

As with most other things though, we will get used to it and work around the new format.

But my first impression of the new changes was "Wow, I wonder who sold them this piece of dog doo "

I find it virtually impossible to search under the new design, as I used to just click on the top URLs and switch between Comic and Silver and Bronze and Modern, etc.

Now when I try and navigate different areas and back again, it go to the original listings and I have to run separate searches each and every freaking time.

Just horrible. 893frustrated.gif

Tell us how you really feel!

But...stupid that you just can't view the day's new listings!

Plus...the new font size sucks!

First off let me state that I hate the new ebay layout. It's bothersome, dificult to navigate, and now that the featured auctions that are new arn't the first on the page anymore a diserivce to sellers. My question is why does ebay feel the need to change their site all the time with all of the other problems they should be paying attention to? Shouldn't fraud, keyword spamming ect. ect. be their number one priority? What do you guys think?

Eric

I think there is a reason why I haven't done any business on ebay in a long time.

Eric

I do usability and user interface design work for a living (among some other things) and I'm sure they have tons of research suggesting that these changes will encourage users to stay on the site, search more efficiently and longer, bid more, etc. That said, I think they blew it completely. I can't imagine they did testing with long-time users to determine their perception of these changes and how costly it would be for them to lose such users. Personally, it makes my eyes bug out, and JC is right, the search features blow.

is it really so different now? The fonts changed...but arent all the same choices there, but in different places? I was never a sophisticated searcher before so maybe you all lost functions that I never used....but well get used to it and Im sure theres something new and better mixed in.

Just call me Pollyanna Aman

They definitely didn't test it very well. If you do a search with double-quotes for an exact phrase, such as "spider-man", you get a freakin' -script error. And it's been like that for most of the week with no patch in place.