• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis hacked discussion thread.

60 posts in this topic

What locked thread are you talking about?

Look in comics general Noob :baiting:

Go figure, I didn't expect to see at the second spot down from the top! doh!

Good thing you weren't on the lookout for OBL. :baiting:

We are still gathering information. We discovered the hack on April 22nd. The hack was delivered through a piece of 3rd party software. We care tremendously about this situation and that is why we made the announcement on the forum. If you have any further questions please contact us directly at 212-260-4147.

This is the first time we have made an official “announcement” on the forum. As per CGCs advice we had it put up just as an announcement with the full understanding that interested forum members would start their own posts. We didn’t realize that our post would slip so quickly to the 2nd page. We contacted CGC and asked if they could maintain it at the top of the 1st page for the time being.

We apologize for this situation and want you to know, we have notified the proper authorities and credit card information is no longer held in our database.

Vincent Zurzolo

If Sony customers can get hacked with their millions of customers being potentially effected than anything online is possible.

Over the years I have had my debit & credit card, gmail, eBay, and even facebook at some point hacked into causing me annoyances.

PayPal isn't that safe either as some people like to think.

I just assume all information you give out online has the potential to be hacked into by cyber criminals in some fashion no matter how good the websites security says it is.

Only use credit cards when entering payment information online to purchase because it is always easy to get a new credit card number/card and have them charge it back than using a debit card etc... Best example is I had to get a new card because of the latest from GPA and WorldBank.

Seems like Metro is taking the all necessary steps that they can to hopefully catch these scumbag(s) and at least inform us of what is going on.

Since my CC on file with them is the old number I had to get replaced from the GPA hack I don't have to worry about it. I would just advise everyone who has an account with them to just monitor their credit card transactions and contact your credit card company and Metro if you see anything.

By now we should all understand sometimes online information can be hacked into, so nothing about this situation should be shocking to anyone.

We discovered the hack on April 22nd.

Zurzolo went on to add, "Through diligence we discovered the identity and location of the perpetrator. And on May 1st, with the help of Navy Seals and the CIA, we were able to eradicate him."

Zurzolo went on to add, "Through diligence we discovered the identity and location of the perpetrator. And on May 1st, with the help of Navy Seals and the CIA, we were able to eradicate him."

You are lucky that Osama is not here to defend himself anymore. Pretty brave of you to malign his character AFTER HE DIED.

You are lucky that Osama is not here to defend himself anymore. Pretty brave of you to malign his character AFTER HE DIED.

That's some funny mess right there lol

Curious about the prevelence of website breaches, I did a search on Google. I read an article that said that 2500 companies have been hacked from March 2010. Such companies include Merck, Paramount Pictures, and Cardinal Health. Not to mention the Sony Playstation incident, Epsilon, the world’s largest permission-based email marketing provider, the University of California, The National Archive in Washington, DC, Network Solutions, and Twitter. Its unbeliveable how many hackers are out there doing what they do, rather then putting their talents to creating and making a honest living.

Funny...

Was GPA hacked?

Many, many GPA subscribing board members have had the cards they use with WorldPay compromised. Some of us suspected a breech at WorldPay. GPA does not have access to CC info.

There's a big thread, can't be more than a month old.

I subscribe to GPA and in a nut shell would it make sense to cancel it [temporarily] to protect my CC data?

Was GPA hacked?

Many, many GPA subscribing board members have had the cards they use with WorldPay compromised. Some of us suspected a breech at WorldPay. GPA does not have access to CC info.

I subscribe to GPA and in a nut shell would it make sense to cancel it [temporarily] to protect my CC data?

Well in a nut shell, to be safe and protect your data just don't use your CC.

Thank God he wasn't a CGC advertiser or Richard would have been twice .

Was GPA hacked?

I called my CC and had them issue me new cards with new numbers and now have arrangements to pay GPA with Paypal. That's what *I* did after seeing the GPA thread explode for a week or two. Not going dispense advice on this one.

Its unbeliveable how many hackers are out there doing what they do, rather then putting their talents to creating and making a honest living.

That's how they interview for high level computer security positions, thus being able to make an honest living. ;)

Its unbeliveable how many hackers are out there doing what they do, rather then putting their talents to creating and making a honest living.

That's how they interview for high level computer security positions, thus being able to make an honest living. ;)

Either that or the government hires them.

PCI compliance (thumbs u

Exactly.

In my business, I'm not allowed to store credit card numbers for more than so many days at a time(electronically). I am wondering if this merchant account was PCI certified. But then again, I thought MC/Visa made it mandatory for their merchants to be compliant.

I'm not saying Metro wasn't compliant, I am just wondering out loud.

We are still gathering information. We discovered the hack on April 22nd. The hack was delivered through a piece of 3rd party software. We care tremendously about this situation and that is why we made the announcement on the forum. If you have any further questions please contact us directly at 212-260-4147.

This is the first time we have made an official “announcement” on the forum. As per CGCs advice we had it put up just as an announcement with the full understanding that interested forum members would start their own posts. We didn’t realize that our post would slip so quickly to the 2nd page. We contacted CGC and asked if they could maintain it at the top of the 1st page for the time being.

We apologize for this situation and want you to know, we have notified the proper authorities and credit card information is no longer held in our database.

Vincent Zurzolo

:tonofbricks: Sorry to hear about this Vinnie. And I'm more sorry for your customers right now which I'm sure includes myself.

As I'm sure you're addressing this now, we don't maintain any CC info on our website. It's all maintained by our gateway merchant authorize.net. They provide the security and we pay them for that privilege. It's still a matter of trust however.

How do I get to post and have it locked for no responses all at the same time?

Become a valued advertiser I guess.

I can't wait to see the SlapPro announcements then. hm

This is the first time we have made an official announcement on the forum. As per CGCs advice we had it put up just as an announcement with the full understanding that interested forum members would start their own posts. We didnt realize that our post would slip so quickly to the 2nd page. We contacted CGC and asked if they could maintain it at the top of the 1st page for the time being.

Vincent Zurzolo

:tonofbricks: Sorry to hear about this Vinnie. And I'm more sorry for your customers right now which I'm sure includes myself.

As I'm sure you're addressing this now, we don't maintain any CC info on our website. It's all maintained by our gateway merchant authorize.net. They provide the security and we pay them for that privilege. It's still a matter of trust however.

+1

Any idea if the Comic Connect database was hacked also? A few weeks ago, shortly after I entered my CC information into Comic Connect to pay for an auction purchase my CC company canceled my card due to fraudulent activity. Paypal was the only other company I had used with this card. Nevertheless, I have a new card now.