• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen the two new ones listed on eBay?

CGC 9.4 SS Neal Adams for $2,300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-227-CGC-9-4-NEAL-ADAMS-SIGNED-COVER-/120814775990?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c211f2eb6

Whoops... making that 1 copy now, the 9.2 from the same seller seems to have dissapeared.

This same seller had both of those books for sale last year too. If I remember correctly he had the 9.2 listed for $700.00 at the time. I made an offer above GPA at the time and he went on and on about how the book was worth the asking price. He must have felt the new $1,200.00 price was too low and yanked the ad. :roflmao:

I picked this one up. I talked him down $300 from his asking price of $1250. I'm sure I still got f**d hard but after seeing the 9.4OWW go for $1400 I didn't want to angst about not having a copy any more. I got the investment line but I'm not sure you can call the book an investment when you're already squeezing every potential ounce of upside out of the book.

Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm a collector so my daughter will have to figure out what to do with it after I check out. I'll post a pic once I get it in hand. The ebay picture kind of sucked so I'm hoping its not as ugly as the other 9.2WP with the big crease at the bottom left of the book that I saw earlier in the thread.

Has anyone seen the two new ones listed on eBay?

CGC 9.4 SS Neal Adams for $2,300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-227-CGC-9-4-NEAL-ADAMS-SIGNED-COVER-/120814775990?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c211f2eb6

Whoops... making that 1 copy now, the 9.2 from the same seller seems to have dissapeared.

This same seller had both of those books for sale last year too. If I remember correctly he had the 9.2 listed for $700.00 at the time. I made an offer above GPA at the time and he went on and on about how the book was worth the asking price. He must have felt the new $1,200.00 price was too low and yanked the ad. :roflmao:

I picked this one up. I talked him down $300 from his asking price of $1250. I'm sure I still got f**d hard but after seeing the 9.4OWW go for $1400 I didn't want to angst about not having a copy any more. I got the investment line but I'm not sure you can call the book an investment when you're already squeezing every potential ounce of upside out of the book.

Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm a collector so my daughter will have to figure out what to do with it after I check out. I'll post a pic once I get it in hand. The ebay picture kind of sucked so I'm hoping its not as ugly as the other 9.2WP with the big crease at the bottom left of the book that I saw earlier in the thread.

Kudos to your purchase,and thank you for giving us 9.2 owners a new GPA high. :applause:

Yea, I actually prefer the white pages a little more than the higher grade quality. I really wanted that clink 9.4 but my ceiling was a grand. Hit like 1200 on the first week. I'm sure I overpaid but I seriously covet that cover. It'll look good next to the B&B93 I picked up last week.

Ah, so you're the one who won the BB#93. One of my favorite books. I think it's probably one of Adams's best works. I picked a really cheap 9.0 a couple of months ago, but now that I think about it, I should have held off and waited for a better copy.

I love that issue of B&B. Anything that marries batman, house of mystery and Neal Adams is a win in my book. Although, I still like the 227 cover better. There's something about the clouds, the castle, the translucent batman and girl In purple that I find really compelling.

How about that Bats 251 selling for 45 dollars? :cry:

In my book that was no VF. $45 seems about right. Sleep easy. (thumbs u

(thumbs u GPA doesn't record Ebay purchases? :pullhair:

Yes they do, only slabbed tho. (shrug)

I was talking about the 9.2 that sold for 950.00. (thumbs u

I was talking about the 9.2 that sold for 950.00. (thumbs u

I think the buyer and seller made a deal outside of ebay as the seller cancelled the listing, so no GPA.