• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Awesome... great raw ya got there! I dont know how important my post is to this thread, but I am just soooo proud of my new 227 next to its super rare mexican variant cousin! I gotta share.....

Wow. Never even knew there was a Mexican variant of that book. Thanks for sharing. And yes, your post does add value to this thread, which started out as a simple newbie question, but has somehow evolved into a Bats 227 club.

Thanks.... I thought this had turned into more of a "club" type of thread.... cool! (thumbs u

Congrats on finding that rare cover (thumbs u been looking for one myself :baiting: let me know when your ready to part with it :wishluck:

Thanks dude! Unfortuantly I wouldnt sell this for any amount? :insane:

My wife will kill me but Its priceless to me....

There might be a couple more hiding in the US but as far as I know, I have only seen two. Chesperito's and mine....

Mine took 6 months to find in any grade! I was lucky even then..... Since that first aquistion I have had my contact in south america trying to source me a higher grade copy... that was about 8 months ago and nothing? And he has been sourcing and selling mexican comics for a long time so if he cant find it? :frustrated: These things are extremely hard to find and rarely come up for sale even in south america and mexico.

Money talks of course... and I am sure if american money started looking for these, some might come out of the woodwork?

But... lets be real guys.... these variants are not that cool, you dont really want to start hunting these and driving prices up for me do ya? (tsk)

Congrats on finding that rare cover (thumbs u been looking for one myself :baiting: let me know when your ready to part with it :wishluck:

Thanks dude! Unfortuantly I wouldnt sell this for any amount? :insane:

My wife will kill me but Its priceless to me....

There might be a couple more hiding in the US but as far as I know, I have only seen two. Chesperito's and mine....

Mine took 6 months to find in any grade! I was lucky even then..... Since that first aquistion I have had my contact in south america trying to source me a higher grade copy... that was about 8 months ago and nothing? And he has been sourcing and selling mexican comics for a long time so if he cant find it? :frustrated: These things are extremely hard to find and rarely come up for sale even in south america and mexico.

Money talks of course... and I am sure if american money started looking for these, some might come out of the woodwork?

But... lets be real guys.... these variants are not that cool, you dont really want to start hunting these and driving prices up for me do ya? (tsk)

Would you be willing to let one go if you find 3 or 4 more? I'm certain you could sell them to boardies here! :banana:

I have a french one as well.....(with a lil purple)...

IMG_1715.jpg

:o(worship) Holy SPOON! :insane:

There is a reason your on the cutting edge of this Ches! THe purple dont even matter bro! Have you ever seen another one? First time I have ever seen this...... Very nice Hector! (thumbs u

and Adams writing "Hombre Murcielago" on a Mexican one.. :)

IMG_1727.jpg

Yours def looks a littel nicer than mine Ches! I would love to see this book in like a 7.5 at least one day. There has gotta be one out there? hm

As far as you know Hector, is there anyone else on the boards that has one?

Wow.... I didn't even know these variants existed! Very, very cool.

#227 I think maybe the book I buy last in the Batman run, that and a #1 lol

The money a #227 currently warrants I have been using to buy up other books in high grade to fill the #200-299 run.

I have a french one as well.....(with a lil purple)...

IMG_1715.jpg

This is great. (thumbs u I like the redrawn Batman figure too. Kind of looks like the Batman from the 90s animated series.

The money a #227 currently warrants I have been using to buy up other books in high grade to fill the #200-299 run.

Just my 2 cents, but I learned the lesson the hard way when I was building runs that the best books to buy first are the key/high demand issues as they tend to increase in value more than the common issues. (thumbs u

Yours def looks a littel nicer than mine Ches! I would love to see this book in like a 7.5 at least one day. There has gotta be one out there? hm

As far as you know Hector, is there anyone else on the boards that has one?

No, have not seen another one..it took me over a year to find mine, I think if I was to sell all my books, this particular one would be one of two that I'd have a hard time letting go...

Just my 2 cents, but I learned the lesson the hard way when I was building runs that the best books to buy first are the key/high demand issues as they tend to increase in value more than the common issues. (thumbs u

This is true and I've not been resting on my laurels as I my recent purchase was a #181 9.4 (thumbs u

My problem is I've been upgrading key issues, such as #232 9.4 > 9.8 as well. But if a certain #227 is still around in say 3 months I might just have one (thumbs u

This is true and I've not been resting on my laurels as I my recent purchase was a #181 9.4 (thumbs u

My problem is I've been upgrading key issues, such as #232 9.4 > 9.8 as well. But if a certain #227 is still around in say 3 months I might just have one (thumbs u

Congrats - nice copy of #181. (thumbs u

I would stay away from any of the books in 9.8 for right now as any increase in supply will mean further drops in prices. A nice run in 9.4, or even non-top census 9.6, should be fine and hold its value a bit better. There are just too many potential 9.8 copies of these books in OO collections waiting to surface.........

I would stay away from any of the books in 9.8 for right now as any increase in supply will mean further drops in prices. A nice run in 9.4, or even non-top census 9.6, should be fine and hold its value a bit better. There are just too many potential 9.8 copies of these books in OO collections waiting to surface.........

+1. As usual, Ryan is correct! :gossip:

Believe me, over the last 2 years my collecting focus has changed and changed! I believe I am at the final stage in terms of what I collect and in what grade :)