• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I love the green in that one. Beautiful!

Group shot of my 2011 Adams acquisitions:

Those are fantastic. It's funny I picked up Conan 37 last month as well. I was originally looking at the 9.8 Suscha News copy that Comic Connect sold a while back. That book went for over $700, it was ridiculous. This 9.6 is more than good enough for me.

$(KGrHqV,!hcE7VK6Dh9NBPF5jJJEhg~~60_3.JPG

While I love Adams I'm more of a horror/gothic/fantasy fan. I suppose that's why the Adams' batman covers appeal to me. The Green Lantern issues don't inspire me to open my wallet as much as the bats do and I'll tend to go after Wrightson, Adams, Kaluta horror titles prior to GL. That cover with the guy crucified to the airplane does appeal to me though. I also love a lot of the Phantom Stranger covers he's done, although I've only been able to score #18 so far.

Here's my new Tec 400

7a849643.jpg

Really nice book. Since starting out with my 232 and 227, I've sort of been building around my Adams collection. Tec 400 is the last remaining key that I need. I've resisted buying lessor copies until the right one comes along.

Got myself a new book today :)

What do you guys think? I'm thinking 9.4

det40487046.jpg

Now this is another book that you don't see everyday. Since trolling the auction houses and eBay this year, I haven't seen any really impressive copies turn up. Finally settling for a nice 8.5 w OW/W pages.

Here's another one I picked up last year. Batman and HOM. :)

B&B93.jpg

lol look at mine same date stamp but in different place

7930ebc3.jpg

I know, right? That date stamp is painful. :grin:

I'd take either date stamps over this miswrap.

36719.jpg

It's only saving grace is that it cost me only 75 bucks.

I'd take either date stamps over this miswrap.

36719.jpg

It's only saving grace is that it cost me only 75 bucks.

Seriously only $75. That's awesome. I'd rather strike the better deal than have the better book. Plus you have that 227 Rocky Mountain pedigree in your signature to console you. You know, the one that I'm seriously coveting right now. :)

Speaking of Tec 400. Two weeks ago, I was at The Bookery in Fairborn, Ohio. They claim to be the largest comic book store in the country. They might be. I don't know.

They do not have much in high grade, and little in the way of slabbed books. But they have a label on every book, with their grade and the price usually below guide price. Nice store.

I bought over a hundred dollars worth of stuff and they give an automatic 10% discount when over 100.

One of the things I could not resist, was this Tec 400. It had a sticker stating it was a 5.0, and a price of $35.00. So, with the discount, I guess I paid about $31.50 for this book.

I bought it, even thugh I rarely buy stuff so low in grade.

If you ever get the chance to visit that store (near Dayton, Ohio), I recommend you do. I believe that a member here (Pulpguide?) is the person that sold me the books that day. They have some great deals. Movie posters, games, statues, and comic galore,

I think this book is a 7.0.

tec400lowgradefront001.jpg

tec400lowgradeback001.jpg

Nice books, everyone. It is great to see some life breathed into this thread again. (thumbs u

When my next big group of books comes in I will post some group shots of the latest Adams hoard. Unfortunately, I sold off a lot of the uber high grade stuff last summer and fall (could really use one of my 9.4 Tec #397s back now lol), but what the remainder lacks in quality it makes up in quantity...........

Speaking of Tec 400. Two weeks ago, I was at The Bookery in Fairborn, Ohio. They claim to be the largest comic book store in the country. They might be. I don't know.

They do not have much in high grade, and little in the way of slabbed books. But they have a label on every book, with their grade and the price usually below guide price. Nice store.

I bought over a hundred dollars worth of stuff and they give an automatic 10% discount when over 100.

One of the things I could not resist, was this Tec 400. It had a sticker stating it was a 5.0, and a price of $35.00. So, with the discount, I guess I paid about $31.50 for this book.

I bought it, even thugh I rarely buy stuff so low in grade.

If you ever get the chance to visit that store (near Dayton, Ohio), I recommend you do. I believe that a member here (Pulpguide?) is the person that sold me the books that day. They have some great deals. Movie posters, games, statues, and comic galore,

I think this book is a 7.0.

tec400lowgradefront001.jpg

tec400lowgradeback001.jpg

That's great that you guys have large comic book stores that have alot of good stuff available. Around the DC/Northern Virginia area we've got Victory Comics out at Falls Church, After Time down in Old Town Alexandria, Fantom Comics at Union Station in DC and probably a few others that I'm not aware of but it doesn't seem like we have an outstanding selection of older material. Oh yea, we have Hole in the Wall books but the place is cramped, closed in and difficult to browse through. We can get the new stuff all day long but I haven't seen a good browsable selection of Bronze age material.

On the other hand, we do have several decent cons this way. The Baltimore Comic-con is about 40 miles away and I just noticed there's something going on out in Annapolis. And really Philadelphia is only maybe 2 1/2 hours away and New York is 4 hours. I'd like to check out that place in Fairborn if I ever make it out that way.

Really nice find though.