• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

The current action on Batman #227 reminds me of one of the big run up ins GL #76 prices. Even though the market was relatively flooded with VF or better copies, the prices kept rising in both cases and held fairly well.
Big diffrence in book GL 76 is a key book the bats is just a awesome cover

Agreed, but there are so many copies of GL #76 out there in 8.0 - 9.0 that I am surprised the prices have held up so well.

FWIW, I personally think that Batman #232 should be the most valuable Adams Batbook due to its significance, but the market feels otherwise........ doh!

Supply.

I had a good bid on that TEC 400, but knew I'd eventually be overtaken. I'd say about $750. If I had not spent $800 this month removing some trees that was threatening my house, I'd might have had a shot.

I had a good bid on that TEC 400, but knew I'd eventually be overtaken. I'd say about $750. If I had not spent $800 this month removing some trees that was threatening my house, I'd might have had a shot.

Blasted real life and adult responsibilities. Why can't we be 15 with the checking account we have today? :)

The current action on Batman #227 reminds me of one of the big run up ins GL #76 prices. Even though the market was relatively flooded with VF or better copies, the prices kept rising in both cases and held fairly well.

Agreed, but there are so many copies of GL #76 out there in 8.0 - 9.0 that I am surprised the prices have held up so well.

FWIW, I personally think that Batman #232 should be the most valuable Adams Batbook due to its significance, but the market feels otherwise........ doh!

Supply.

Agreed, but I think there are a lot more VF or better Bats #227s out there as well. The only issue is collectors do not part with them due to the beautiful cover. Otherwise, Bats #232 has a cool cover and the 1st appearance of the best Batman villain since the Joker.

Supply.

Agreed, but I think there are a lot more VF or better Bats #227s out there as well. The only issue is collectors do not part with them due to the beautiful cover. Otherwise, Bats #232 has a cool cover and the 1st appearance of the best Batman villain since the Joker.

100% agree besides the Joker, Ras is best Bat villain. :applause:

and talia al ghul has to be the hottest female in the batman universe. :luhv:

Speaking of Talia, how are prices on Tec #411 trending now? I still kick myself for not going through with a deal to buy the 9.6 copy on Clink for $820 a year or two ago..........

Edited by kimik

Speaking of Talia, how are prices on Tec #411 trending now? I still kick myself for not going through with a deal to buy the 9.6 copy on Clink for $820 a year or two ago..........

A very under rated book IMO. That book is a must have.

Sigh, its funny we were talking about this yesterday because it looks like I hit the lottery. The PO Mafia must have been monitoring my activities on the thread. Or maybe its Karma over the glib comment about someone's wife leaving them. Anyway my Bats 253 was delivered hosed today. Looks like the letter carrier took a flying leap off the top rope and delivered a sharp elbow to my defenseless book. It looks like the book survived but I hope that's just a piece of plastic lodged to the bottom right of the 20 cent label. :facepalm:

Jack & S**t must have left town because double boxing and peanuts did nothing to avert the damage to the case. Goes to show that if the Post Office really wants to skullf**k your book they'll do it. I'll guess I'll focus my frustration on the post office because if I mention Rocketeer I may be invited to fist myself. :)

I guess I'll record the book in my registry and send it back to CGC. In happier news, my new 235 appears to have been birthed with no issues.

Bats2531.jpg

Bats2532.jpg

Bats2533.jpg

Bats2534.jpg

Bats2535.jpg

Edited by Walls

just listed my CGC SS 9.0 on eBay :whistle:

Sorry to hear about your book. I don't sell much, but when I do, I work the cost of insurance into the sales price for the rare instance something like this happens. As for double boxing, it will help to a point. If the postal carrier plays volleyball with the package, triple boxing wouldn't even help.

The hotness factor was certainly an influence on my purchase of 235. :cloud9:

No buy it now!! :frustrated:

No buy it now!! :frustrated:

i wanted to give everyone a fair shot. (thumbs u besides, my BIN would have been supa aggressive.:ohnoez: