• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I checked over at CL and the last 8.5 sold for $351 a few months back. I suppose this sale is in line with that going price. Still a lot of dough for a book that's only in 8.5 compared to other BA Bats books.

I was fine with the hammer price, but was hoping it would end up going for more with a bit of luck. I probably should have waited another week before listing it for the month end, but maybe that person that upgraded his 8.5 was the one bidder I needed to see it pop for more. lol

I was shocked at how high my 7.0 Tec #359 went. I did not realize it was that hot of a book right now. Before this, I was worried I was going to take a bath on that auction lot and this book along covers the whole shebang including slabbing costs and delivers a modest profit. lol

Edited by kimik

I was watching the 9.0 411 out of interest as I had just purchased an 8.5 from kimik (Ryan, correct?). I should have offered him a price on the Batman 245 when he listed them in the for sale section, but chickened out. :) Eddie

And it looks like I should have had a higher asking price on the 8.5 copy. lol

Enjoy it. (thumbs u

WoW. i just saw the hammer price on the tec 411. :applause: it almost reached my CGC SS 9.0 price. the book is hot.

It is about time, IMHO. I started picking up copies a couple of years ago, but chickened out on that 9.6 that was sitting on Clink for a while. The ask price was $1500, but when I put in lowball offers it triggered a confirm purchase at $825. Wish I had done it, because a 9.6 might be a $1500 book now. lol

After selling these two all I am down to in hand ;) is this copy:

cgcDetectiveComics411TC.jpg

I will definitely enjoy my 8.5 thank you. Seeing what the 9.0 finished at (and we are still a few months from the movie), I am very happy with what I paid for the 8.5 (not that it is my intent to sell as I am a Batman collector). Eddie

I will definitely enjoy my 8.5 thank you. Seeing what the 9.0 finished at (and we are still a few months from the movie), I am very happy with what I paid for the 8.5 (not that it is my intent to sell as I am a Batman collector). Eddie

No worries if you did decide to flip it. I am an Adams collector, but if the price is right I move any book. lol

...I think the #411 will hold value long after the movie,..it's a key part of the Bronze Batman era, it should demand a high price,...I'm always amazed at books like Bat #234, that hold huge prices with no real relevance,...sure 1st bronze two-face , but so what?....I sold a 9.6 this week for $950.00,..way down from the the $1500.00 GPA, but probably closer to the real value. 2c

...I think the #411 will hold value long after the movie,..it's a key part of the Bronze Batman era, it should demand a high price,...I'm always amazed at books like Bat #234, that hold huge prices with no real relevance,...sure 1st bronze two-face , but so what?....I sold a 9.6 this week for $950.00,..way down from the the $1500.00 GPA, but probably closer to the real value. 2c

+1

I am also not a big fan of the cover to #234. This is the one Adams Batman BA "key" that I do not tend to hold onto when I pick up a copy.

+1

I am also not a big fan of the cover to #234. This is the one Adams Batman BA "key" that I do not tend to hold onto when I pick up a copy.

Perhaps the splash page would have made a better cover (except Batman's back is to the reader)?

nealadamsanddennyoneilbatmanhalfanevilpage001.jpg

I"m ok with Bat's back if that splash was the cover. Never liked *ANY* cover where a good portion of it is taken up by a disembodied floating head. I hate covers like that. They look goofy as all heck.

The splash is neat, but still not great either. Looking at the trees and swamp theme, he could have done a Batman in the trees overlooking a mysterious boat concept sort of like the Tec #405 cover.