• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

WoW. i just saw the hammer price on the tec 411. :applause: it almost reached my CGC SS 9.0 price. the book is hot.

It is about time, IMHO. I started picking up copies a couple of years ago, but chickened out on that 9.6 that was sitting on Clink for a while. The ask price was $1500, but when I put in lowball offers it triggered a confirm purchase at $825. Wish I had done it, because a 9.6 might be a $1500 book now. lol

After selling these two all I am down to in hand ;) is this copy:

cgcDetectiveComics411TC.jpg

Top 5 Adams Batman cover IMO. Not easy to find in high grade either. I don't usually go after 9.8 insanity but this was too nice to pass up.

detective411.jpg

Great looking book. Love the wrap on it. (thumbs u

WoW. i just saw the hammer price on the tec 411. :applause: it almost reached my CGC SS 9.0 price. the book is hot.

It is about time, IMHO. I started picking up copies a couple of years ago, but chickened out on that 9.6 that was sitting on Clink for a while. The ask price was $1500, but when I put in lowball offers it triggered a confirm purchase at $825. Wish I had done it, because a 9.6 might be a $1500 book now. lol

After selling these two all I am down to in hand ;) is this copy:

cgcDetectiveComics411TC.jpg

Top 5 Adams Batman cover IMO. Not easy to find in high grade either. I don't usually go after 9.8 insanity but this was too nice to pass up.

detective411.jpg

Great looking book. Love the wrap on it. (thumbs u

Yep, that's a fantastic cover on a nice book. I assume that's Talia that's tied up in the center of the guards setting batman up for the kill? I've never seen the inner story. Is there a nice HC trade that collects all of these stories on some decent quality paper?

I just got this off eBay. Bought it primarily because of the Adams article and the fact that it was cheap...

:)

http://users.rcn.com/chinmonster/comic_marketplace_adams.jpg' alt='comic_marketplace_adams.jpg'>

Does he have any other shirts? Everytime I see him in person or in photos,he's wearing that blue shirt. :eyeroll:

Was it 9 1/2 weeks where the guy had a closet full of all the same clothes?

Was it 9 1/2 weeks where the guy had a closet full of all the same clothes?

Dunno about 9 1/2 Weeks, but in The Fly, the Jeff Goldblum character kept several sets of the same set of suit in his closet. Thus freeing the "genius" to focus on his work without worrying about what to wear.

Hey, that's maybe that's Adams after all :D

Sorry to hear it, Norrin. There'll be another though!

Here's a #227 I was watching that sure didn't end cheap. :eek: I hope the buyer saw the crease/tear combo along the right edge?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320874302748

Here's a #227 I was watching that sure didn't end cheap. :eek: I hope the buyer saw the crease/tear combo along the right edge?

$222.00 for a raw VG copy? Seriously? WOW. lol

My thoughts exactly,sheesh! doh!

$222.00 for a raw VG copy? Seriously? WOW. lol

My thoughts exactly,sheesh! doh!

It did look better than a VG... my guess was an undergraded Fine+, though the photos sure didn't make it easy to finetune the grade. The spine looked very nice, so the high bidder may have thought it was more like an undergraded VF if they didn't notice that creased right edge.

I have seen 8.5s with edge creases like that and no tear, so maybe a 6.5/7.0 with the small tear as well?

Even if it is a 7.0, that is a steep price for a raw copy. I sold a CGC 7.0 in November for $182.50. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the recent sales going up. (thumbs u