• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Here are my two wins from last month's Clink auctions. Too bad I did not snag more of them as the prices were better than this month.

cgcBatman232vfplus.jpg

cgcBatman251clink.jpg

:applause:

Excellent books mate.

What scanner do you use by the way?

Edited by Bane

My favourite Neal Adams book.  Some truly exceptional artwork.

Finally got a copy, with the presentation I like the most...

7023495519_9150168996_b_d.jpg

Had no idea that Detective 411 is approaching $1000 in 9.4.

Might be time to get my keeper graded.

tec411-1.jpg

looks like 9.2, i'll take it off your hands for OSPG and give you my grading notes for free

(tsk) That'll hit a 9.4... maybe 9.6 on a good day unless there is something that we can't see in the scan.

Forget Bats 232. Check out what that Bats 243 went for. Wow!

Holy sheepdip! :o

that's an ugly copy also, someone probably thinks they can smush it into a 9.8.

Maybe, but I think it is more of the upcoming movie effect. Prices have been jumping for a couple of months now on most of the Adams Batmans and Tecs, as well as other books tied to the movie such as Tec #359. With the way things are going I am very tempted to start unloading some more of my keeper copies and buy them back later post-movie for less. hm

I don't think it's either. That is the going price for a 9.6. Brutal tough book to find and I would have been in at a higher price point than this if it hadn't been so badly mis-wrapped. But some people don't care about mis-wraps (shrug)

tec411-1.jpg

looks like 9.2, i'll take it off your hands for OSPG and give you my grading notes for free

I tried to PM you an invoice, but looks like you removed yourself from our last PM thread. Oh well, I guess I will just hang onto it instead.

:whistle:

tec411-1.jpg

I tried to PM you an invoice, but looks like you removed yourself from our last PM thread. Oh well, I guess I will just hang onto it instead.

I have not removed myself our latest PM thread so feel free to send me an invoice for the OSPG 9.2 price. I will even add a bit for shipping. lol

tec411-1.jpg

dang, that's what i get for tryin' to be like greggy

Based on the usual bidding trend, the lot should sell for way more than this. Outside of the Tec #395 and #400, there is not much value in the stated conditions.