• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

That's a nice set and has fantastic, inherent historical value but without the cover and Irv Novick's art...

bleh

It is funny, for me, on some of these once you see the inside of the book the desire to own it goes down a bit. I love Jeff Jones and was an underbidder at just under $800 for the recent ww 200 9.6 that sold on clink back in March I think. Recently both ww 199 and 200 showed up on comixology so I downloaded and read the issues. Now that I've read the story and seen the art, I'm not sure that I'm in the market for a WW200 anymore.

(shrug)

That's a nice set and has fantastic, inherent historical value but without the cover and Irv Novick's art...

bleh

It is funny, for me, on some of these once you see the inside of the book the desire to own it goes down a bit. I love Jeff Jones and was an underbidder at just under $800 for the recent ww 200 9.6 that sold on clink back in March I think. Recently both ww 199 and 200 showed up on comixology so I downloaded and read the issues. Now that I've read the story and seen the art, I'm not sure that I'm in the market for a WW200 anymore.

(shrug)

Remember, in the age of CGC all that matters is the cover, not the content. :baiting:

bleh

(shrug)

What? No Don Heck love here?

bleh

(shrug)

What? No Don Heck love here?

Absolutely none. :)

Plus the story was dated, all the cool 70s catch phrases annoyed me and the backup story with merboy and birdboy fighting over wonder girl was cringe inducing.

:sick:

bleh

(shrug)

Remember, in the age of CGC all that matters is the cover, not the content. :baiting:

My thoughts on this subject are "evolving". :)

A very nice 9.2, albeit w/OW pages, just showed up at CL. Just in time for the DKR I guess :)

Anyway, anyone want to start with the predictions? I'd say about $900 due to the PQ, but that wrap is incredibly nice though.

I believe that's Greggy's copy. I was too cheap to hit the BIN and was haggling while he nabbed it.

I think you are in the ball park on your prediction. The wrap really is nice like you said.

I hope it does as well. My latest copy only came back as a 9.2 so now I have two in grade and will have to decide whether to keep them both or move one.

Here's hoping you get $1200 for yours. :wishluck::devil:

Well, it hasn't slowed down overnight. Up at $650 now. Very impressive spurt for just the first few hours.

I'm surprised at how fast 221 and 236 got up there in price as well.