• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

How do the variants compare to the regular version price-wise?
On the foreign books there's no standard. It just depends on how tough a particular books is to find and whether or not you're willing to wait for another copy to possibly turn up which could take weeks, months or even years. You also have to toss the concept of grade right out of your thinking process as in many cases it's difficult at best to find a copy let alone a mid to high grade copy. It's easier to find a whole lot of Golden Age books in the 6.0 or better range than the majority of foreign editions.

What he said..... lol There is no standard to grade or price wise really! how do you put a price on something that has only come up for sale once.... at least as far as your awareness? You don't.... either you deal with the grade and pay what the buyer is asking or you wait another couple of years? :gossip:

Great looking 227 foreign variant cover :applause: Just got in these two beauty's from Australia not to long ago :cloud9:

comicbooks003_zps5e7817a6.jpg

comicbooks004_zps1466f4be.jpg

My 227 foreign variant's are almost complete ;)

comicbooks011_zpse689fe7a.jpg

:luhv: <3 :cloud9:

What you are looking at folks is the largest known 227 set known in existence. Missing only one very important book I choose to remain mum about! lol Great books Ronnie! :headbang:

Here's my 2c on this topic, nothing will beat the U.S. version when it comes to price-wise, they are the true first prints ! Now these foreign variants that are from other countries have a smaller print run then the U.S. witch makes them very rare to get a hold of. And the condition they come in are no higher then Fine range, if your lucky ! The true value of these foreign comics are in the $5-10 dollar range. There's no value market on these foreign books that I know of (shrug) But if your a fan of a key cover book like I am, when it comes to the Batman 227 you'll find your self paying Hundreds of dollars on a copy in a VG grade !! I seen the French Batman 227 that's posted here on the boards, sold for little over hundred dollars on e-bay not to long ago ! :gossip: I think collecting different books like these foreign key comics will be the next big thing !! Seeing all your favorite key cover books from all over the country next to each other is Amazing :headbang:

The true value of these foreign comics are in the $5-10 dollar range. There's no value market on these foreign books that I know of (shrug)
If this is the case you're not paying close enough attention. There's been a steady increase in prices realized for them over the last couple of years. There are people out there that have taken notice of how scarce some of these books can be to find and the market for them is increasing. 2c

Here's my 2c on this topic, nothing will beat the U.S. version when it comes to price-wise, they are the true first prints ! Now these foreign variants that are from other countries have a smaller print run then the U.S. witch makes them very rare to get a hold of. And the condition they come in are no higher then Fine range, if your lucky ! The true value of these foreign comics are in the $5-10 dollar range. There's no value market on these foreign books that I know of (shrug) But if your a fan of a key cover book like I am, when it comes to the Batman 227 you'll find your self paying Hundreds of dollars on a copy in a VG grade !! I seen the French Batman 227 that's posted here on the boards, sold for little over hundred dollars on e-bay not to long ago ! :gossip: I think collecting different books like these foreign key comics will be the next big thing !! Seeing all your favorite key cover books from all over the country next to each other is Amazing :headbang:

Well, at least none of the foreign variants have Robin in his underwear ruining the tone of the cover. :eek:

Missing only one very important book I choose to remain mum about!
The one you're referring to isn't exactly a secret, there's a seller on ebay that's got a CD with scans of about 1500 Arabic books which includes it and there was a copy recently listed in a lot that sold on a BiN. :gossip:

I think collecting different books like these foreign key comics will be the next big thing !! Seeing all your favorite key cover books from all over the country next to each other is Amazing :headbang:

It's been the 'big thing' for me, for a while lol

I think collecting different books like these foreign key comics will be the next big thing !! Seeing all your favorite key cover books from all over the country next to each other is Amazing :headbang:

It's been the 'big thing' for me, for a while lol

+1

Thanks everyone :shy: you all don't know how happy I am with this in my collection been after this book for many, many years now its finely here :cloud9: Like to give a big shout out to my buddy Matt for getting me into this hobby (worship) Thanks again for all your support gang this means a lot to me ! You guys rock :headbang:

Who knows what the market will do.

Its a classic cover (swipe) and its Neal Adams, but its not a key in terms of a character appearance or event.

Now I've dwindled my Batman collection down to the "keys" I am actually wondering if I should bother pursuing this book at all.

Who knows what the market will do.

Its a classic cover (swipe) and its Neal Adams, but its not a key in terms of a character appearance or event.

Now I've dwindled my Batman collection down to the "keys" I am actually wondering if I should bother pursuing this book at all.

Look for these variants to SKYROCKET!!! not by percent but by exponentially!!!

There are extremely rare and demand is 10 times the supply...

notice how there is literally only one Australian version on the boards. EVERY Aussie dealer is looking for them with no luck as the majority they suspect were trashed as they preferred the original. Scarcity trumps originality in this special case...