• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I got, maybe not joy, but something therapuetic from burning them. From a standpoint of giving someone else joy, whose to say I havn't given away comics over the years? Am I compelled to give away every comic I no longer want?

No. You're not compelled to give other people things that would make them happy when you have the option of destroying them, instead, and ensuring that they never in all of eternity create any joy for anyone again.

SOME people might feel compelled to do that. Worth thinking about the difference, I'd suggest.

Wow, I can't believe anyone would throw away that much money. Your books though, so you can do what you want. I'm not sure that is really sends a message to the collecting community about pressing or anything like that. The money from selling those books could have fed a lot of hungry people.

Yeah, I destroyed them. That was in my "I'm disgusted with the grade manipulation" phase.

Joe, I can't make out if you are joking ?

You actually threw $8,000 worth of slabs on a bonfire ? :o

Food was hard to come by in the early '80's thanks to "Reaganomics"..

:facepalm:

Yeah, the only thing my folks could afford were old shoe boxes. Filling but bland. It was a real treat when someone forgot the dessicant pack in the box. mmmm good

Yeah, the only thing my folks could afford were old shoe boxes. Filling but bland. It was a real treat when someone forgot the dessicant pack in the box. mmmm good

You had SHOE boxes...??

:o

That's some high quality fiber, there!

We only had old newspaper to munch on. All the news that's fit to eat!

You had SHOE boxes...??

Yes, we knew how lucky we were. Even now, 30 years later, I save all my shoe boxes to distribute to the less fortunate. I saw one person chewing on old yellowed backer boards. No one deserves that. No one

You had SHOE boxes...??

Yes, we knew how lucky we were. Even now, 30 years later, I save all my shoe boxes to distribute to the less fortunate. I saw one person chewing on old yellowed backer boards. No one deserves that. No one

I'll bet they weren't even acid free. Oh, the humanity!

maybe food was hard to come by for him?

i dunno if reaganomics had much to do with it though. he talked a big game about welfare queens and such nonsense, but did he actually cut those budgets? i don't think so. he didn't have control of congress.

Jobs were hard to come by since there was a massive recession then. Unemployment around 7%. Welfare was a big deal then. His Presidency ushered in the Golden Age of tax cuts for the wealthy and screw everyone else. I remember this because I was in those unemployment lines trying to bring up a young family. People nowadays are remembering him with fondness as this great President, but he wasn't as far as I was concerned. Unless you were wealthy. He was a war freak on top of everything else. All these things are commonplace today, but back then, it was a new phenomenon. YMMV.

But, Batman #227 was $3 for a top copy back then.

maybe food was hard to come by for him?

That's not what he said.

i dunno if reaganomics had much to do with it though. he talked a big game about welfare queens and such nonsense, but did he actually cut those budgets? i don't think so. he didn't have control of congress.

Politics. Banned from the CGC boards since 2004.

Jobs were hard to come by since there was a massive recession then. Unemployment around 7%. Welfare was a big deal then. His Presidency ushered in the Golden Age of tax cuts for the wealthy and screw everyone else. I remember this because I was in those unemployment lines trying to bring up a young family. People nowadays are remembering him with fondness as this great President, but he wasn't as far as I was concerned. Unless you were wealthy. He was a war freak on top of everything else. All these things are commonplace today, but back then, it was a new phenomenon. YMMV.

Not even remotely true, in every fathomable, conceivable way, and STILL not allowed on the CGC boards.

Jobs were hard to come by since there was a massive recession then. Unemployment around 7%. Welfare was a big deal then. His Presidency ushered in the Golden Age of tax cuts for the wealthy and screw everyone else. I remember this because I was in those unemployment lines trying to bring up a young family. People nowadays are remembering him with fondness as this great President, but he wasn't as far as I was concerned. Unless you were wealthy. He was a war freak on top of everything else. All these things are commonplace today, but back then, it was a new phenomenon.

All true

But no politics here

you forgot "ketchup is a vegetable"

yes, i know, my father was unemployed for about a year in the middle of that, but it's not like there were boom times before reagan

Not true. Forties, fifties and much of the sixties. Taxes were high on the rich, unions were strong and the middle class was thriving.

you forgot "ketchup is a vegetable"

yes, i know, my father was unemployed for about a year in the middle of that, but it's not like there were boom times before reagan

Not true. Forties, fifties and much of the sixties. Taxes were high on the rich, unions were strong and the middle class was thriving.

Oh boy.

What part of "no politics" isn't understood?

It means you can't keep talking about it.