• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction Results, Astonishments, Shocks, Disappointments, etc.

417 posts in this topic

Here is a fast flip. Feature Comics 80, auctioned on Heritage yesterday for $388 with BP. Showed up today on CLINK with an ask of $450.

Fast Flip

In my mind, makes little to no sense. If they pay for shipping from Heritage (maybe they are picking it up), coupled with fees on CLINK and shipping to CLINK (again, maybe they will hand deliver), not much money to be made.

Here is a fast flip. Feature Comics 80, auctioned on Heritage yesterday for $388 with BP. Showed up today on CLINK with an ask of $450.

Fast Flip

In my mind, makes little to no sense. If they pay for shipping from Heritage (maybe they are picking it up), coupled with fees on CLINK and shipping to CLINK (again, maybe they will hand deliver), not much money to be made.

You are assuming that Josh wasn't the buyer.

Bob --

Thanks to you and Brian and others for your take on the collection first-hand. As a native Minnesotan, I was interested in some of Mr. Dahlberg's FF's for my collection from this group, but of course these shiny new auctions often went above what I would normally bid and got shut out on six of my seven attempts.

That said, I have one Twin Cities book on the way -- FF #38 9.4 (below). I look forward to seeing the color and preservation of it!

Did others bring home any of the Friday lots?

Dan

FF38.jpg

Gorgeous comic, Dan. Be interested to know what you think when it arrives.

Not many folks picked up their comics after the floor auction, because to do so invoked the 8.5% (or whatever the heck it is) state sales tax. Like most, I'm having my winnings mailed.

Fast Flip

actually that would be my guess, but even then, not much of a profit

Fast Flip

actually that would be my guess, but even then, not much of a profit

You are assuming that Josh pays BP. :/

Obviously the HA business model is completely corrupt.

The fact you can not prove a negative has nothing to do with it. Clearly they work out a complicated mathematical model, shared with all the other auction houses of course since we know everyone does it, that allows the perfect the shill.

They have to ensure that a few books go for very high prices but just the right number of books dont reach the maximum bids that people have put in, thus keeping everyone confused.

After all, no one would really spend this sort of money on comics right?

I think everyone here should avoid all future bidding on comic auctions, especially when they bring great collections to market. Its the only way to show them how bad a job we think they are doing.

I also hate the way they try to fool us by having great customer service; responding rapidly to concerns and questions. Do they really think we are going to fall for that.

So please stop bidding in these auctions, they are probably just color photocopies of comic covers slipped into plastic containers.

Cant wait to receive my books and see which ones they included that I didnt win.

For anyone who missed out or still interested in Twin Cities books, there are quite a few up for grabs, both DC and Marvel, in tomorrow night's HA Sunday Night Auction...

HA SUNDAY NIGHT AUCTION

I got the catalog in the mail for this auction and there's a full page announcement that there will be Twin Cities books in every Sunday auction for the next year.

Not many folks picked up their comics after the floor auction, because to do so invoked the 8.5% (or whatever the heck it is) state sales tax. Like most, I'm having my winnings mailed.

I believe I was charged sales tax for an internet win so it may not have mattered.

I believe I was charged sales tax for an internet win so it may not have mattered.

That's because they have an offices in California. :baiting:

What? Outrageous! :frustrated:

What? Outrageous! :frustrated:

:slapfight:

I picked up the bound volumes of Black Terror # 1-2 (will look good next to my slabs of 3-6) and the volume of Fighting Yank 4-6 (mainly for the # 5. I already have a low-grade copy of 6, but 5's a _bear_. Harley's got a restored copy on eBay but at $250, I think it's overpriced by at least $100.

I'm a bit concerned about valuation and liquidity for bound volumes, but figured this was a good way to fill some holes in my collection for cheaper than raw 3.5 copies would cost.

Well my "won" book is back in my history in green as a winner but was not included on my invoice so still a glitch to work out

Well my "won" book is back in my history in green as a winner but was not included on my invoice so still a glitch to work out

Exact same situation for me. I "won" 5 books, only saw 4 winners at auction close. Got the invoice for the 4 winners and now the 5th is back in "green" on the MY BIDS list. I guess Heritage is fixing the problem, as there are no open invoices showing on my account.

Exact same situation for me. I "won" 5 books, only saw 4 winners at auction close. Got the invoice for the 4 winners and now the 5th is back in "green" on the MY BIDS list. I guess Heritage is fixing the problem, as there are no open invoices showing on my account.

I "won" 4 items but only bid on 3 of them. I sent a few emails last night and when I got up this morning it was taken care of.