• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What kind of wear bugs you the most?

39 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif The sky is falling or hell is freezing over smile.gif27_laughing.gif nice to know someone thinks alike.

My thoughts exactly. See? We agree again.

CHIPPING!!!!! (for that matter, any pieces out)

Also can't stand corner creases

I could stand a book with some spine wear if the rest of the book is perfect.

Any front cover defect annoys me. I wont buy the book if it has one major or a few minor flaws on the cover (that includes date stamp). The only way I would is if it were an incredible deal. But if the cover is ruined, then the comic is ruined in my opinion. I dont mind defects on the back (as long as its not to badly damaged). But the front has to look desireable or else I probrably wont buy the book.

I always look at the price box on the left corner , has to show full 12 / 15 cent price hate it when the figure 1 goes round to the back cover .

If the price is " full " on the cover and the box is nice and white then I will look at the rest of the comic .

It speeds up surfing ebay look at the corner " no good " then pass .

I dont know if there is a name for it. But I was looking to buy a collection from a person and he had the books kind of tight which cause the backing board to be imprinted on the comic directly behind it. The ones that overlapped anyway. A real nasty looking crease down the spine of the comics.

I think the one that drives me insane.gif is the book that is perfect except the one fingernail crease at the top, usually in the dead center of the book that only is there because some a-hole jammed the book into the mylar. I have a Superman 252 that would be at least a 9.4, except for this defect....that i know wasn't there when the dealer bought the book. - breaks my heart everytime i look at the book.... frown.gif

I think the one that drives me insane.gif is the book that is perfect except the one fingernail crease at the top, usually in the dead center of the book that only is there because some a-hole jammed the book into the mylar. I have a Superman 252 that would be at least a 9.4, except for this defect....that i know wasn't there when the dealer bought the book. - breaks my heart everytime i look at the book.... frown.gif

It's called a thumb dent. And they are completely avoidable. Someone probably used a "modern" mylar, too small! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Timely

It's called a thumb dent. And they are completely avoidable. Someone probably used a "modern" mylar, too small! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Timely

exactly.....completely avoidable and that's what pisses me off ! - and it's a dealer that keeps doing it ! - who shall remain nameless -

Structural defects bug me the most. Anything that reduces the physical coherence of the comic. Spine splits, staple tears, rusty staples, loose/detached cfolds or wraps. Especially splits. I hate splits.