• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if you buy books in a FS thread, PLEASE PAY!!!

20 posts in this topic

2 people from a recent sales thread never paid after pm's. Nothing expensive, but books that i went and packaged for shipping. Not really worth enough to make a big deal, but this isn't the first time I've tried selling on the boards only to have people not pay. I only sell when i have some non important books to try and get rid of, but just because its only $10-$20 doesn't mean it's okay to "forget" to pay.

2 people from a recent sales thread never paid after pm's. Nothing expensive, but books that i went and packaged for shipping. Not really worth enough to make a big deal, but this isn't the first time I've tried selling on the boards only to have people not pay. I only sell when i have some non important books to try and get rid of, but just because its only $10-$20 doesn't mean it's okay to "forget" to pay.

Out the rogues at once :sumo:

List the buyers in the probation thread of the selling forum and let the community decide how to handle it.

(shrug)

List the buyers in the probation thread of the selling forum and let the community decide how to handle it.

(shrug)

+1 - don't let the size of the transaction dissuade you from action. i would check to see if they've read PM's and have posted on the boards since you PM'd. then out the bastiches.

On a similar note. If you put a book up for sale and someone posts the :takeit:

please invoice them and sell them the book. I have posted :takeit: a couple of times and the seller never invoiced me, hence the transaction was never complted. One of them has been almost a year ago. But neither were anything I would lose sleep over not buying.

In the interest of fulldiscloser, I did not PM the seller. Because I just figured he was too busy or had changed his mind. That was alright with me. I have put books up for sale before and had regrets. I can see that a seller might put many books up for sale and if a person only wants to buy one book for ten or twenty bucks, that the seller might not feel that it is worth the bother.

But, both buyers and sellers do these kind of things. Buyers mostly, I would think.

I would also like to add that I have posted the "take it" sign a couple of times, and totally forgot about it, even after being invoiced via PM.

Because I have a very bad memory.

But when I am reminded, I always pay immediately.

please invoice them and sell them the book. I have posted :takeit: a couple of times and the seller never invoiced me, hence the transaction was never complted. One of them has been almost a year ago. But neither were anything I would lose sleep over not buying.

In the interest of fulldiscloser, I did not PM the seller. Because I just figured he was too busy or had changed his mind. That was alright with me. I have put books up for sale before and had regrets. I can see that a seller might put many books up for sale and if a person only wants to buy one book for ten or twenty bucks, that the seller might not feel that it is worth the bother.

But, both buyers and sellers do these kind of things. Buyers mostly, I would think.

I would also like to add that I have posted the "take it" sign a couple of times, and totally forgot about it, even after being invoiced via PM.

I agree, especially with the last half. In all my years of selling here I have only had one buyer not pay eventually. Most pay right away (for me, it's close to 90% within a day of invoicing), but once in a while a buyer will need a little extra time or just forget. I usually send a reminder or two, which is generally enough.

I don't think I've ever experienced not being invoiced. Of course, I may have forgotten lol

(shrug)

+1 - don't let the size of the transaction dissuade you from action. i would check to see if they've read PM's and have posted on the boards since you PM'd. then out the bastiches.

I should edit my post which I posted in haste last night. The right thing to do would be to exhaust one on one discussions before making it public. If you still feel that you've been wronged after one on one discussions then post it in the probation forum.

In my opinion that's the best way to handle the situation.

Have they read the PMs?

please invoice them and sell them the book. I have posted :takeit: a couple of times and the seller never invoiced me, hence the transaction was never completed. One of them has been almost a year ago. But neither were anything I would lose sleep over not buying.

In the interest of full discloser, I did not PM the seller. Because I just figured he was too busy or had changed his mind. That was alright with me. I have put books up for sale before and had regrets. I can see that a seller might put many books up for sale and if a person only wants to buy one book for ten or twenty bucks, that the seller might not feel that it is worth the bother.

I've heard this story before. hm

I've had the same thing happen, 4 or 5 times now with the same seller. It was brought to their attention, but continues.

I don't know if it's just sloppiness or something else. Makes you wonder...

Coincidence only goes so far.

This is something I'd like to know from more experienced seller here on the boards: on Paypal, you have option 1-sending a "money request" to the buyer or option 2-sending an "invoice". Which option is the right one? Or both work just fine?

I agreed that the best thing to do in this specific case is PM the buyers and try to work it out, but if it does not work and you are out of patience, submit the case in the probation thread.