• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Thor

111 posts in this topic

When barely covered works.....

string-bikini.jpg

When barely covered does not work...

Great stuff. Another winner!

That picture Freaking rocks! :headbang: Praise Thor!

Definitely Scandinavian material.

:sumo:

PS: I asked this before, but I wanna ask again to clarify: the hawkeye cameo is NOT Hawkeye, right?

Well, the guy had a bow and arrow and was played by Jeremy Renner, and Jeremy Renner is going to play Hawkeye in the Avengers movie. So you do the math.

I mean, why would the real Hawkeye be working for the govt?

Once Hollywood comes into the picture, consistency with the "real" Marvel universe goes completely out the window. Didn`t you notice that Jane Foster in the movie is NOT a nurse? And that Thor wasn`t a doctor named Donald Blake?

PS: I asked this before, but I wanna ask again to clarify: the hawkeye cameo is NOT Hawkeye, right?

Well, the guy had a bow and arrow and was played by Jeremy Renner, and Jeremy Renner is going to play Hawkeye in the Avengers movie. So you do the math.

Once Hollywood comes into the picture, consistency with the "real" Marvel universe goes completely out the window. Didn`t you notice that Jane Foster in the movie is NOT a nurse? And that Thor wasn`t a doctor named Donald Blake?

I didn't know the hawkeye cameo actor is the one acting as hawkeye in the upcoming avengers movie hm interesting..

With regards to your second point, you're right. From the few Thor books I've read, I do vaguely remember Jane Foster being a doctor and Thor's human alias being Dr Donald Blake. lol

Stan Lee had the shortest yet one of the funniest moments! lol

Just saw it in Imax 3D + absolutely loved it!! The 3D wasn't overdone or distracting IMHO. ***********SPOILER WARNING*******

Loved the JMS cameo who also happened to pen the -script. Thought Thor took out the Destroyer too easily, should have been a closer fight. The Hawkeye cameo was fun. Loki was one of the best performances in the film. And Bifrost????:o(worship):cloud9::banana:

actually this Hawkeye is based on Ultimate Hawkeye. Ultimate Hawkeye is an elite agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s black ops division. And he easily uses guns as well as a compound bow. But if he used the gun, it wouldn't have been as obvious a cameo.

200px-UltimateHawkeye.jpg

He is often partnered with Black Widow *ahem* future Scarlett Johansson appearance???

I'm unfamiliar with the Ultimate version, that's good to know.

Looking forward to the (hopefully 2-D) Avengers with Black Widow, Maria Hill and Hawkeye trying to herd cats: Thor, The Hulk, and Iron Man.

Who wouldn't have a geek gasm when Cap yells "Avengers Assemble!"

if there ever was or will be a perfect marvel movie this is it :)

I didn't know the hawkeye cameo actor is the one acting as hawkeye in the upcoming avengers movie hm interesting..

With regards to your second point, you're right. From the few Thor books I've read, I do vaguely remember Jane Foster being a doctor and Thor's human alias being Dr Donald Blake. lol

Stan Lee had the shortest yet one of the funniest moments! lol

I noticed that as well & it bugged me a lil but you know what .... they made it work for the movie so I stopped caring :) Didn't they say as well that this wasn't her true field of research ?... I forget what or if they said her real one was ...

Great Movie! :applause:

Another blockbuster well done by Marvel Studios.

Bring on X-men First Class (even though it is Fox) :popcorn:

Funny how people consider modern comics books to generally be boring with the same old same old. However, I pretty much now assume when I buy my movie ticket it equals what they were selling back in the 1960's as massive comic book sales.

Marvels SA might have been in the 1960's, but their movie SA is going on as we speak.

Will all the Marvel tin-ins, continuity, and hidden gems throughout these movies soon we will all have a complete Marvel movie collection to coincide with our Marvel comic book collection.

These are good comic book nerd times we are living in folks, so enjoy every second of it. :preach:

Son saw a midnight screening on Thursday night, in of all places Waxtahachie Texas, population 3, and gives it 5 stars.