• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What villains are bigger than the Hulk?

47 posts in this topic

This quote is from Mason Cooley.

"The tragic hero prefers death to prudence. The comedian prefers playing tricks to winning. Only the villain really plays to win."

So where does the Joker, Hulk, Sub-Mariner and Galactus fit into this quote?

Galactus isn't playing to win. He's playing to survive.

Actually, Galactus isn't a villain.

A baddy is a baddy no matter what you want to call him:

In 2009, Galactus was ranked as number five on the pop culture site IGN.com's list of "Top 100 Comic Book Villains."

In 1966, nearly five years after having launched Marvel Comics' flagship superhero title, Fantastic Four, creators Stan Lee and Jack Kirby collaborated on an antagonist designed to break from the archetypal mold of supervillains of the time, and be instead a being of god-like stature and power. As Lee recalled in 1993,

Galactus was simply another in a long line of super-villains whom we loved creating. Having dreamed up [many] powerful baddies ... we felt the only way to top ourselves was to come up with an evil-doer who had almost godlike powers. Therefore, the natural choice was sort of demi-god, but now what would we do with him.

The real question is, who has more mass? hm

To get Serious. :banana: According to the Marvel Encyclopedia Hulk edition

Original Hulk = 8' 750 lbs

TV = 7' 330 lbs

Modern = 10' 1000lbs

Movie = 15' 1500 lbs

According to the Marvel Encyclopedia 2006 edition

7' 1040 lbs

So now you just have to find all the villains bigger than whichever size you want to randomly make up as a writer for Marvel :insane:

The real question is, who has more mass? hm

To get Serious. :banana: According to the Marvel Encyclopedia Hulk edition

Original Hulk = 8' 750 lbs

TV = 7' 330 lbs

Modern = 10' 1000lbs

Movie = 15' 1500 lbs

According to the Marvel Encyclopedia 2006 edition

7' 1040 lbs

So now you just have to find all the villains bigger than whichever size you want to randomly make up as a writer for Marvel :insane:

Mass is in kg :sumo:

lol

Giant Man when he wants to be. I actually think the list is long. But I am too lazy to make the list for you.

Of course it all depends on the difinition of "villain". Giant Man has been a villian and Hulk has been a hero, I think.

Even the Sub-Mariner was giant sized on some golden age covers. He is like the Hulk. A ;sometimes: villain.

I don't think covers should count IMO. I remember a Hulk issue with the Absorbing Man (sorry, can't recall the # right now). The one where they battle at a contruction site where Bruce was working. Creel looked 10 times bigger, but in the story he never got bigger than ol' Greenskin. Never understood the logic in what basically comes down to false advertisement. It's no big deal, just silly. Oh, and Mephisto, Satannish and Satan are bigger. Ya don't get much more villianous than them :devil: