• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Accuracy Question

18 posts in this topic

I was wondering how CGC handles resubmissions in regards to the registry?

The reason I'm asking is because I submitted a book last year that came back 9.9. I honestly know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this book can achieve a 10. My issue is, my book was the only one submitted and I don't want the registry to inaccurately reflect that 2 of these books ave been graded when ultimately it was the same book. If I decided to resubmit the book, would CGC edit the registry to reflect that only 1 book has been graded?

If you resubmit a book and return the CGC label with it, they will remove it from the census. If you don't, they will both be in the census so it is better for everyone to submit the original label with the resubmission.

To be fair, this is not a standard paper cover comic we're talking about.

Honestly, I didn't think 10's were even possible before I saw this book, and I've seen graded 10's a few times. Hell, my LCS submitted a GI Joe book because he thought it was a strong candidate for a 9.8. We were nitpicking it to all hell... came back a 10. We were shocked.

It's not a paper cover, but a thick leather cover. Every corner is razor sharp, and every page lines up perfectly. Staples perfectly centered. There is literally nothing wrong with this book.

The guy who was handling my books at NYCC laughed when I told him I had a very possible 10. When he saw it he stopped. We were talking and he said to me,

"Honestly, I'm not supposed to give my opinions out while working, so this is obviously nothing official. I'm not gonna say for sure it's a 10... but it's definitely a solid 9.9. If they give this a 9.8, it'll be the best lookng 9.8 I've ever seen in my life"

LMFAO @ bomber-bob!

Honesty, I'm not a grade freak. I only own 5 CGC'd book, and 4 of them I did to protect. The 5th I did just to see if it was a 10. I don't plan on submitting anything else again soon.

Honestly, I didn't think 10's were even possible before I saw this book, and I've seen graded 10's a few times. Hell, my LCS submitted a GI Joe book because he thought it was a strong candidate for a 9.8. We were nitpicking it to all hell... came back a 10. We were shocked.

It's not a paper cover, but a thick leather cover. Every corner is razor sharp, and every page lines up perfectly. Staples perfectly centered. There is literally nothing wrong with this book.

The guy who was handling my books at NYCC laughed when I told him I had a very possible 10. When he saw it he stopped. We were talking and he said to me,

"Honestly, I'm not supposed to give my opinions out while working, so this is obviously nothing official. I'm not gonna say for sure it's a 10... but it's definitely a solid 9.9. If they give this a 9.8, it'll be the best lookng 9.8 I've ever seen in my life"

LMFAO @ bomber-bob!

Honesty, I'm not a grade freak. I only own 5 CGC'd book, and 4 of them I did to protect. The 5th I did just to see if it was a 10. I don't plan on submitting anything else again soon.

If you resub a 9.9 trying to get a 10, you are officially a lunatic. Please post the results of your resub, and a brain scan if possible.

Personally I would never take that chance. That is pretty risky. I would bet that it comes back at 9.9 again or even 9.8.

Good luck if you send it back.

I whole-heartedly agree.

Save your time & money, and roll with it; if by happenstance the situation happens in the quote above, you'll be kicking yourself in the arse later...

Good luck though...

LMFAO @ bomber-bob!

If you resub a 9.9 trying to get a 10, you are officially a lunatic. Please post the results of your resub, and a brain scan if possible.

:insane:

hu hu, ya neeeeva knoooow!

Uuummm... ya think this white blob to the right may have something to do with it?

good-prognosis-brain-cancer.jpg

If CGC found something even moderately wrong with it the first time, they will find it the second time.

Personally I would never take that chance. That is pretty risky. I would bet that it comes back at 9.9 again or even 9.8.

I whole-heartedly agree.

Save your time & money, and roll with it; if by happenstance the situation happens in the quote above, you'll be kicking yourself in the arse later...

Good luck though...

I was thinking that about finding something the first time. If I call and ask for the notes would it tell me what they found?

Hmm... now IDK...

If CGC found something even moderately wrong with it the first time, they will find it the second time.

I whole-heartedly agree.

Good luck though...

I was thinking that about finding something the first time. If I call and ask for the notes would it tell me what they found?

Hmm... now IDK...

Wouldn't hurt... hm

I'm waiting for my Blackest Night sketch variant to return to me; when it was raw it looked very much to me like it could get a 9.9, but will probably come back a 9.8. Didn't submit through CGC, so I have no way of knowing until it arrives. I might call them and ask for the notes to find out what kept it from a slightly higher grade.

I know CGC usually doesn't have notes for high grades 9.6+, but when it comes to 9.9, I think they should denote the single thing that they found that brought it down.

I agree. Great suggestion... (thumbs u