• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions regarding DWC signings - Ask DWC

86 posts in this topic

am i able to buy a book online like say from ebay & have it sent to your office or what not ?

& then just pm you the details or whatever else you need for the signing ?

am i able to buy a book online like say from ebay & have it sent to your office or what not ?

It would be preferred that you have some form of submission form with the book. Or at least instruct the seller to include your sales receipt with the book so we know who it belongs to. You would be surprised how many eBay sellers send books out with NO paperwork at all. We had one book it took us 3 months to find out who it belonged to. We must still receive a submission form either in the mail or via e-mail (pdf file). I hope that answers your questions.

It would be preferred that you have some form of submission form with the book. Or at least instruct the seller to include your sales receipt with the book so we know who it belongs to. You would be surprised how many eBay sellers send books out with NO paperwork at all. We had one book it took us 3 months to find out who it belonged to. We must still receive a submission form either in the mail or via e-mail (pdf file). I hope that answers your questions.

Unless the comic is CGC, I wouldn't suggest doing this. First, there is the reason Chandler mentioned, but there are many others. Let's say you buy something sold as a VF, but the seller ships out a VG, Chandler wouldn't know what you purchased. So, when you get the SS back, you would be very disappointed.

(worship) I think I can have that done I've dealt with the seller before & he is very good with communication. I can send a form through mail as well ! That will be most helpful!

Any word on ethan or geoff being at sdcc yet?

Unless the comic is CGC, I wouldn't suggest doing this. First, there is the reason Chandler mentioned, but there are many others. Let's say you buy something sold as a VF, but the seller ships out a VG, Chandler wouldn't know what you purchased. So, when you get the SS back, you would be very disappointed.

+1

Having a raw book that's purchased on eBay sent directly to a CGC facilitator without inspecting it beforehand is a recipe for gnashing o' teeth & general disaster.

+1

Having a raw book that's purchased on eBay sent directly to a CGC facilitator without inspecting it beforehand is a recipe for gnashing o' teeth & general disaster.

+2 Based on some of the stuff I've received through eBay, I'd never recommend this either!

its cool of dwc to let books be mailed directly to them. im sure that can be a pain for them.

i know from personal experience that there are facilitators that will not let you mail even one book directly to them from a third party. even when dropping a few grand at a time with them on sig submissions.

lol you bet that would be me.

It is VERY nice of DWC to allow people to do this. As Chandler said it can make things incredibly confusing and possibly get your book lost.

With the upcoming Stan Lee appearance at Baltimore had a quick question. I'm guessing that there will be VIP tickets to meet Stan and get things signed. Will DWC be there for that sort of thing and what would the cost be to get the book CGCd?

And then just a general Stan question.. If my wife wanted to tag along just to meet Stan and not get something signed would she be able to slip in on my ticket or would she need her own?

I think that would be more up to the convention guys than to DWC unless its an event he is doing couldn't hurt to try though I suppose ... As per mail in Yes its a cgc comic :) Even with a raw though I wouldn't complain about a grade as any with brains knows having a perfect grade from a ebay seller is a total shot lol

If I was that illprepared on a raw comic it would be more about getting the autograph it self than the actual grade :D . I was going to send in a raw for this one of mine but happened to spot a already graded one on ebay

And then just a general Stan question.. If my wife wanted to tag along just to meet Stan and not get something signed would she be able to slip in on my ticket or would she need her own?

I can't tell you whether there will be a meet and greet with Stan at Baltimore or what the rules will be if there is one, but I can tell you with respect to the meet and greet at the Dallas Comic Con a couple of weeks ago, when I inquired whether my daughters could tag along, I was told that each person needed a ticket for the meet and greet (although they were willing to let both daughters in for one additional ticket).

I can't tell you whether there will be a meet and greet with Stan at Baltimore or what the rules will be if there is one, but I can tell you with respect to the meet and greet at the Dallas Comic Con a couple of weeks ago, when I inquired whether my daughters could tag along, I was told that each person needed a ticket for the meet and greet (although they were willing to let both daughters in for one additional ticket).

I sorta figured that would be the case. obviously I'll wait for the announcement from the BCC folks but I was just asking generally from folks that had experience with this sort of stuff. I'll still plan on getting my wife a ticket as well.

With the upcoming Stan Lee appearance at Baltimore had a quick question. I'm guessing that there will be VIP tickets to meet Stan and get things signed. Will DWC be there for that sort of thing and what would the cost be to get the book CGCd?

We have not been told what/if there is a price for Stan to sign in a public signing. If it is anything like the last two shows (Dallas & Phoenix), tickets will be $50.00 each. You get 1 item signed for each ticket. DWC is scheduled to be present to witness and accept any submissions signed during the Stan Lee public signing. As for pricing for grading it is our normal con price plus $5.00. Please see Reg Con Prices for our regular con pricing details.

As for a Meet & Greet, no details have been discussed if such an event will be taking place. Usually DWC is present at any event that Stan signs at to witness and accept submissions. I hope this helps answer your question.