• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valliant... Quality or speculation?

23 posts in this topic

I really liked the titles for a short time after Unity. When they started all the spin off titles everything went south. I still have at least 75% of the books and there are some great covers and stories. There was a big surge a couple years back but that seems to have vanished now. The books are near 20 years old at this point and getting 9.8 copies on many of the books is VERY hard.

James G

But buying actual CGC 9.8 copies is a good idea now as prices are markedly depressed across the board. Specially most pre-unity books.

Someday those and the EC comics will rise again. These are the kind of books to invest before they have movies, sooner or later they will run out of Marvel and DC movies and then they will have to look for other heroes. Those heroes could be the pre-unity Valiants. A long gamble that may pay off :wishluck:

There is still a part of me that is pulled in by the Valiant books. I think it was growing up reading the Wizard Mags that beat into my skull that Rai #9 was going to melt my face off with awesomeness. I have a few of the chrome sparkly books still like Turok #1, Bloodspot #1, and some of the #0s. I was never impressed with the art of the Valiant books. Back then the art was what drew me into comics and I thought that Image and Marvel were doing much better than Valiant.

Each time I see someone selling a slabbed X-O or Rai I think about snagging it. Maybe after I finish up my current slab goal (McF ASMs) I'll go after some of my favorite Valiant books that were the shizzle back in the day.

Someday those and the EC comics will rise again. These are the kind of books to invest before they have movies, sooner or later they will run out of Marvel and DC movies and then they will have to look for other heroes. Those heroes could be the pre-unity Valiants. A long gamble that may pay off :wishluck:

The Valiant fanboy in me would love to believe this about movies and the "resurrection of the Valiant Universe." But once Valiant Entertainment attempted to sue Jim Shooter for going with Dark Horse to work on Magnus, Solar and Turok, I think much of the wind in those sails disappeared.

But I would love to be wrong as I never let go of my high-grade pre-Unity books. Some of the best material from that period in comics.