• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circa 1976

121 posts in this topic

'76 was my first brain freeze, a Slush Puppie machine was brought to town.

Slush Puppie and mix a squirt of all the flavors together for a "suicide" that would pucker your kisser for an hour. :cloud9:

One word:

Beth

:eek:

I was more of an Alice Cooper guy - at least up until Billion Dollar Babies. It was a quick downhill slide after that. But Love It To Death and Killer were, and still are, brilliant. Glen Buxton was a mighty fine guitar player until he went off the rails.

I also have a soft spot for the first two albums on Zappa's label (Pretties for You and Easy Action).

Alice Cooper "Only Women Bleed" = KISS "Beth"

Those are my favorite Alice Cooper albums too - they rocked :headbang:

Under My Wheels :headbang:

One word:

Beth

I was more of an Alice Cooper guy - at least up until Billion Dollar Babies. It was a quick downhill slide after that. But Love It To Death and Killer were, and still are, brilliant. Glen Buxton was a mighty fine guitar player until he went off the rails.

I also have a soft spot for the first two albums on Zappa's label (Pretties for You and Easy Action).

Yup - my favorite song as well. I think I posted it over in the Superman's Big Sister thread on one of my drunken binges, but I can't see any of the youtube stuff on the hotel computer I am presently on...., linky

One word:

Beth

Yup - my favorite song as well. I think I posted it over in the Superman's Big Sister thread on one of my drunken binges, but I can't see any of the youtube stuff on the hotel computer I am presently on...., linky

Nope - no Cooper in that thread. A seriously eclectic set of videos, though. I like Nick's contributions, too. Rory Gallagher. :cloud9:

This thread has already meandered off in a few different directions, so I don't think anyone will mind me posting these here...

These aren't from 1976. They're from 1982 - a couple "live in the studio" videos from one of the bands I was in. This was likely the most successful of my bands - 3 albums, played some big venues in Toronto and lots of arenas, and the singer won a Juno (Canadian equivalent of a Grammy). Still, very few people these days remember the band. We did early 80s riff rock.

Our singer did a lengthy talking intro to this first clip. Skip ahead a minute or so...

This one has a nice guitar solo at about the 3 minute mark:

I was in second grade in '76. We had an elementary school parade for the bicentennial and we were asked to dress up in revolutionary garb. My mom made me a tri-corner hat out of some kind of rigid fabric and I borrowed a toy flintlock off of my neighbors and brought it to school on the day of the parade.

Turned 7 that year:

Listed to "Animal Stories" on WLS AM 890 in Chicago with Uncle Larry & Little Tommy. Musically, they played everything from the Bay City Rollers to Boston, but then there was KISS (I was Ace, my younger brother was Gene).

Loved drinking out of my Marvel Slurpee cups. Dad would bring one home once(?) a week, sometimes with a pack of cards. Didn't matter what it was, if Topps wrapped it in wax & packaged it with bubblegum, I was in (sports, Wacky Packages, King Kong, Marvel Super Heroes ...).

Hot Wheels cars littered the landscapes while orange track and purple connectors were everywhere!

My lunchbox that year (and the next two) was Hong Kong Phooey, later replaced by KISS. Happy to report that I still have both.

Got some cool Marvel MEGO dolls action figures to go with my Planet Of The Apes dolls action figures of the same company. Dad even built an Ape fortress where they could "hang out" (sorry, 7-year old humor coming back to me now).

The whole family drove down to Florida for vacation (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins ... EVERYONE) and we met more family down there. Had a copy of the first Spidey treasury edition and read the cr@p out of it on the drive. Also had Cap's Bicentennial Battles. Happy to report that I still have both ... and all of the cousins.

Evel Knievel failed to jump the sharks in Chicago that year, but he will always be the daredevil to which all other daredevils are compared.

One word:

Beth

Nope - no Cooper in that thread. A seriously eclectic set of videos, though. I like Nick's contributions, too. Rory Gallagher. :cloud9:

This thread has already meandered off in a few different directions, so I don't think anyone will mind me posting these here...

These aren't from 1976. They're from 1982 - a couple "live in the studio" videos from one of the bands I was in. This was likely the most successful of my bands - 3 albums, played some big venues in Toronto and lots of arenas, and the singer won a Juno (Canadian equivalent of a Grammy). Still, very few people these days remember the band. We did early 80s riff rock.

Our singer did a lengthy talking intro to this first clip. Skip ahead a minute or so...

This one has a nice guitar solo at about the 3 minute mark:

What were the bands names?

Rocking the white pants! Me (far left), my two brothers, and my cousin at the 1976 Columbus Day celebration at Daley Plaza in Chicago.

1976italians.jpg

Rocking the white pants! Me (far left), my two brothers, and my cousin at the 1976 Columbus Day celebration at Daley Plaza in Chicago.

1976italians.jpg

Rockin' the Bell bottoms, Nice! :cool:

1976italians.jpg

That is one heckuva family photo, Dan. Just great.