• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Some PLATINUM and GA Goodness (1st Barks; Popeye; Disney; more)

198 posts in this topic

Next up some are Popeye books. A couple of larger linen like books, a BLB (#1051), and a few story books. These are GD+ to VG overall. Expect some slight page tears, edge wear. Not too bad overall. The BLB by itself guides for $58 in GD. All six books for $100

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

Those of you pining for a companion piece to your "Hello Pal #2" will be glad to see this. "Edgar Bergen's Charley McCarthy Meets Walt Disney's Snow White" (Whitman 1938). A simply bizzare adaptation. Overall VG. Internally nice. $30.

DSC00402.jpg

It always has amazed me that Edgar Bergen was so famous - he was a RADIO VENTRILOQUIST. That's moronic - oxymoronic that is. "Like jumbo shrimp" as George Carlin said...

For you early Segar fans I have a "Charlie Chaplin's Comic Capers (Series 1)" from 1917. 20 pgs by Segar before he created Popeye. 9 3/4" x 15 3/4". I would grade this as a VG- with a 2" tear to lower back cover. Guide is about $150. I say $80.

DSC00414.jpg

Felix the Cat Book (1931 issue). Overstreet calls this one RARE. Covers split at spine going halfway down book. That is really the only defect. Interior is very nice. GD/VG overall because of the split. Guide is around $100. I say $40 SOLD.

DSC00415.jpg

Mickey Mouse Crusoe (1936 Whitman). Paper wraps. One color plate by the title page. Fully illustrated. Really nice except for the last page and rear cover where something spilled and hardened. $10 SOLD.

DSC00413.jpg

Mickey Mouse Crusoe (1936 Whitman). Paper wraps. One color plate by the title page. Fully illustrated. Really nice except for the last page and rear cover where something spilled and hardened. $10.

DSC00413.jpg

take it.

The Story of Mickey Mouse and the Smugglers (The Big Big Book). Slight lower spine split. General soiling. Overall VG. Overstreet calls this SCARCE. Guide is around $300. I say $125 SOLD.

DSC00412.jpg

Mickey Mouse Crusoe (1936 Whitman). Paper wraps. One color plate by the title page. Fully illustrated. Really nice except for the last page and rear cover where something spilled and hardened. $10.

DSC00413.jpg

take it.

You got it ^^

Felix the Cat Book (1931 issue). Overstreet calls this one RARE. Covers split at spine going halfway down book. That is really the only defect. Interior is very nice. GD/VG overall because of the split. Guide is around $100. I say $40.

DSC00415.jpg

take it.

Last one for tonight is a lot of 4 BLBs. "Sails for Treasure Island" is a Kolynos Dental Creme promotion and "Mail Pilot" is a Amoco Gas promotion. VG+ overall. $50 for all SOLD

DSC00410.jpg

Porky Pig's Duck Hunt (1938). 1st app of Porky Pig and Daffy Duck. 1st book devoted to these characters. VG overall. Guide is $148. I say $75.

DSC00409.jpg

take it.

^^ Thanks aardvark

The Story of Mickey Mouse and the Smugglers (The Big Big Book). Slight lower spine split. General soiling. Overall VG. Overstreet calls this SCARCE. Guide is around $300. I say $125.

DSC00412.jpg

:takeit: as per PM

^^ Thanks Spidey.

That's it for tonight folks. There is much more to come so stay tuned. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

Last one for tonight is a lot of 4 BLBs. "Sails for Treasure Island" is a Kolynos Dental Creme promotion and "Mail Pilot" is a Amoco Gas promotion. VG+ overall. $50 for all

DSC00410.jpg

Dom't own a single Big Little Book, but this seems like a cheap way to check out something new. Very cool thread (thumbs u

:takeit:

Last one for tonight is a lot of 4 BLBs. "Sails for Treasure Island" is a Kolynos Dental Creme promotion and "Mail Pilot" is a Amoco Gas promotion. VG+ overall. $50 for all

DSC00410.jpg

Dom't own a single Big Little Book, but this seems like a cheap way to check out something new. Very cool thread (thumbs u

:takeit:

You got em Heath ^^

Felix the Cat Book (1931 issue). Overstreet calls this one RARE. Covers split at spine going halfway down book. That is really the only defect. Interior is very nice. GD/VG overall because of the split. Guide is around $100. I say $40 SOLD.

DSC00415.jpg

:frustrated: