• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who is the most important non superhero/non-villian in the Marvel Universe?

61 posts in this topic

Gwen Stacy.

GwenASM31.jpg

Gwen-1.jpg

Gwen Stacy....

It showed it was possible (even financially viable) to kill a major character.

It changed the entire future(history) of Spider-man, the single most important character in Marvel Comics.

+1 (thumbs u

For non-hero/non-villain......Gwen Stacey. That was a big event when she died. Big enough to have to kill off Spidey's biggest villain the very next issue.

But him and the Weapon X fella were nearly super human smart though, no?

Or just in near superhuman command of those who were.

Anyways,it's comicopolis somehow I have decided.The tale has just yet to be told.

Gwen Stacy....

It changed the entire future(history) of Spider-man, the single most important character in Marvel Comics.

I would argue that the death of Uncle Ben was just as important if not more so. The incident also changed Spider-man forever...who knows perhaps Spidey would've wound up a talk show host!

Gwen Stacy....

I would argue that the death of Uncle Ben was just as important if not more so. The incident also changed Spider-man forever...who knows perhaps Spidey would've wound up a talk show host!

As (I'm sure ;) ) you know, he did.

Aunt May because it keeps Spidey from revealing his true identity and becoming accepted by the general Daily Bugle readers as a hero.

This has created years and years worth of storylines, though not necessarily all good ones.

JJJ a close second because of the part he plays in vilifying Spidey.

Two of the longest lasting non-hero/villain characters in comics that Spidey hasn't been able to out grow.

Gwen Stacey and Uncle Ben played an important part in what the characters were used for (or in Gwen's case eventually used for) but they were not important enough to keep from killing off.

To expand my original vote for Ben and May Parker beyond our earthly confines, a very nobel choice would be Norin Radd (before he went cosmic, silver, and hung ten...)

hung ten?

Anyway, he saved his world through his sacrafice which, indirectly, saved ours.