• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Suspense #69 CGC 8.0 W PLOD SOLD & CLOSED

15 posts in this topic

Just one book today. Normal rules apply, :takeit: in the thread is king. I am happy to take offers via PM but if someone takes the book in the public thread it is sold.

Shipping will be $10 in the US, International shipping will be exact cost.

If you happened to be interested in any of my other books currently in sales threads I would combine shipping.

TOS #69: nice underappreciated key as the first appearance of Titanium Man. I have owned this copy for about 20 years and self-submitted after a press by Joeypost. As you can imagine, I was very disappointed in the grade but held it until I could upgrade. I upgraded this morning (CGC 9.0 white) so this one is up for sale. I'll start this at $30 + shipping, which is about what I have into the press/grading fees.

PLOD note: small amount of color touch and top & bottom edge trimmed. I'll give them the bottom edge, maybe, but the top edge has a major overhang so if it is also trimmed it must be micro.

TOS69CGC.jpg

:gossip: ....That book isn't trimmed. Why is it an 8.0, defect wise ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It certainly didn't look trimmed to me either. I did find the minor color touch (though I missed it the first time around when I subbed it). It is an 8.0 because of light spine stress and that is basically it, and the CT is on a bit of the stress.

....I don't mean any disrespect to CGC.....I still trust their grading and most of their resto checks more than ANYONE....but they need to tighten up a bit on their trimming detection. They're using some type of criteria that isn't 100% accurate....which is not good.If it were me, it would have to be more consistent than it is. I think the Ewart affair made them unusually paranoid about micro trimming. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

TOS #69: nice underappreciated key as the first appearance of Titanium Man. I have owned this copy for about 20 years and self-submitted after a press by Joeypost. As you can imagine, I was very disappointed in the grade.

TOS69CGC.jpg

Seriously nice placeholder until someone upgrades. If I still had my TOS run, I'd be all over this.