• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Web of Spider-Man #1 pricing

89 posts in this topic

Everybody who's replied so far should have gotten a PM confirming I've added you. Thanks for the interest! I'll probably send the first email out some time Saturday or Sunday July 23-24. Our auctions are closing a day later than usual this month, on Monday July 25, since I and some of our bidders will be traveling back from SDCC on Sunday.

To start, this will be a pretty simple list of items ending soon in our auctions where the current bidding is below GPA. Later, I'll look at refinements like supporting user preferences. For example, if you only care about Marvel, or only care about issues from a particular range of years, you could set a filter so you're only notified about items matching your interests.

Dear lord. I should have paid more attention to these. I am a dillhole. McSpidey 9.8s for $30 . . . :cloud9:

Welcome to the club...

I have to add, though, that Lonestar DID have a 3% BP on top.....

:whistle:

Actually they didn't on the McSpidey's :shy:

Since it's apparent that Conan's auction isn't going to be a secret anymore, I would like to say that it is all smooth sailing participating in it. I had my books shipped within the week and they were packaged second to none!

Dear lord. I should have paid more attention to these. I am a dillhole. McSpidey 9.8s for $30 . . . :cloud9:

Welcome to the club...

Yeah, that's because they were our books. Our auction terms say that the 3% BP is applied to all auction items, but it currently is only true for auction items belonging to consignors. This will be changing as soon as I fix our checkout code to match what's in the auction terms. In the meantime, I don't think anybody minds if a few of their won auction items don't have the BP.

Hmmm, This thread piques my interest, as a buyer and seller

Thanks for the interest. If I can answer any questions for you about your options as a seller, please let me know. Reply here, PM, or call me at 512-240-2802. I'll also be in San Diego if you'll be there and would like to say hi.

A number of users from the boards are already using us. One example is thegeneral--he's consigned about 160 books with us so far. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think he's been pleased with us so far. He's posted links to his consignments a couple of times in the Comics Market section. You can see what he currently has on consignment here:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/stores/thegeneral

We also recently picked up one of ComicConnect's higher-volume sellers, who was previously a long-time eBay seller.

Our auction volume of high-end items is still very small compared to ComicLink and ComicConnect, but I'm working to change that, and we're making good progress. It's hard to break in, but we'll get there.

Welcome to the club...

Yeah, that's because they were our books. Our auction terms say that the 3% BP is applied to all auction items, but it currently is only true for auction items belonging to consignors. This will be changing as soon as I fix our checkout code to match what's in the auction terms. In the meantime, I don't think anybody minds if a few of their won auction items don't have the BP.

3% is a fine BP. MUCH better than the 19.5% that Heritage charges. MUCH better.

Try very, very hard not to change it. :wishluck:

No intention of raising it above 3%. The only reason it's there at all is so we can be as competitive as possible in the commissions we offer sellers (currently 0% on items that sell for over $100, 10% with a minimum of $5 on items selling under $100).